This is a ceramic tree I found at a yard sale, and my mom has one just like it at home. I always think of her when I get this out for Christmas! This is right beside my sink, with the candles my friend Connie gave me.
The other side of our kitchen. I don't have much room to decorate here, but there is a snowman on the wall! The long sticks beside him are my bo's for karate.
This is my kitchen. It is very tiny and we need more space, but I have managed to function quite nicely in here, unless I am making lots of Christmas cookies! We use our old living room for the dining room now, it is just off this room. Our living room is downstairs now.
This snowman holds salt and pepper shakers! He sits on my stove, but it is strictly just to look at and make me smile!
This is one of favourite snowmen! I think I am going to keep him out all the time! He is just so cute!
This is a little display I keep on an antique postal sorting cabinet I bought at a yard sale for $5.00. I love snowmen, and I saw this tree at a craft sale and snatched it right up! This is in my front hall, and I keep the kids shoes and boots in the compartments of this unit
This is Mike's Christmas village, which we try to add on to each year as a present for him. It is getting too big for this chest, but it sure looks nice there at night!
I just love anything gingerbread, and decided to make this yummy gingerbread cake. The recipe follows the picture.
Gingerbread Cake Recipe
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbs. ground ginger
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup molasses
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup milk
Whipped cream or appplesauce
Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 inch square baking pan.
Sift the flour, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, stir the melted butter, molasses and brown sugar. Add the eggs.
Alternately add the flour mixture and the milk to the butter and egg mixture, beginning and ending with the flour.
Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 35 mintues or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool.
Serve with whipped cream or applesauce.
Great post! I love the snowmen!! Thanks for sharing your recipe! I've posted a recipe on my blog tonight too!
ReplyDelete