
I have been searching for my soap pictures, but as my computer is still not up to snuff, I have to post some older pictures. I have a small business making soaps and so on, and I always give soap as Christmas presents to family and friends. I also make lotions, lip balms, skin balm and shea butter. Here are a few pictures of some of the soap I make. They did turn out fuzzy for some reason.
These are actually bath fizzies ( or bath bombs. I now call them fizzies due to the fact that I have had several people complain that I shouldn't be calling them bombs, even though that is what they do in the bath- they explode).
One of my most popular soaps is the goldfish soap. I made these to get my own kids to wash their hands more -in order to get the fish they have to use the soap up first. I also use different animals, and have done small cars also.
This soap is called Kiss, and I have a matching one with small circles called Hugs. This one is really popular with a few of my friends.
Here I am, cutting the soap and getting it ready to wrap.

I have done this as a business for 5 years, and while I do enjoy it, people are not buying home made bath products as they did when I first started, I am not sure why. I am praying about whether I should continue it or not, as the beginning of the year is very slow in the soap selling department! So I usually have lots left over from craft shows, and I have gifts ready made, which is perfect!
I thought I would close off with a recipe I made today that I am thinking of making for Christmas gifts. We love this bread here, and it doesn't last long in this house!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
2 cups cooked or canned pumpkin
1-1/4 vegetable oil
1 1/2 sups semi sweet chocolate chips
In a large bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
In another bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, pumpkin and oil.
Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
Fold in chocolate chips.
Pour into two greased 8-inch x 4 inch x 2 inch loaf pans.
Bake at 350 degrees for 60 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the centre comes out clean.
Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Makes 2 loaves.
I will definately be trying that recipe in the next couple of days...thanks for posting.
ReplyDeleteConnie
Ooooooooooh! I just LOVE bath bombs! Oh...uhh...I mean, bath fizzies! I used to buy my bath bombs at Lush in Toronto. I LOVE their bath bombs. The Soap Factory on the Island has just started making bath bombs. I love the photos you have of your soap!
ReplyDeletePssssssst! I wish you lived here! :) Next time you're on the Island, we'll have to get together!