Background

Friday, 28 December 2007

Christmas shenanigans

Whew, what a whirlwind week! I hope you all ahd a great Christmas! We did, but I have to say, I am glad it is over and I am looking forward to getting into routine again. I love Christmas and the whole meaning behind it, but all the rushing about and stress, I don't like and now I am not feeling well because I allowed myself to get swept away in busyness.

We celebrated Christmas Eve with my family, and got home at around 9:30 or so. Devin was wired and didn't get to sleep until late. UGH!!! Of course he was up bright and early in the morning! This year we coaxed my dh into letting us get dressed and then open gifts before breakfast. Usually he likes to get the whole house cleaned first! This year, we were too tired and we had to go out again later, so we broke with this rather cruel tradition!

I got some really wonderful things, including a Walton's DVD. I love the Walton's, and now I have the first 4 seasons! YAY! I also got some new baking sheets which I needed and boots, see the picture below.

After lunch, we drove over to Mike's sister and brother in laws house, about an hour and a bit away. We opened gifts first, and that was fun. For the first year ever, I didn't get knives from Mike's mum. I have a wall of knives, most of them are from her!! I did get a really cool can oepener, which is battery operated and you set on top of the can. It runs around the top of the can and opens it without a sharp edge, it is really neat! We had dinner there, and dropped Mike's parents off at home, as they had some drinks.

It was a really nice day, but I was glad to get home to bed!! Someone is calling for his breakfast now, so I must go, but I hope you all had a great Christmas!



This is not a great picture, but it is the only one that turned out of my mom. She was not having a good day, she has Parkinson's disease, and she was so shaky she couldn't open any presents, so my dad did it for her. This was the first year we did not have Christmas at my mom and dad's, we had it at my sisters, which is just across the street from my mom and dad's house. It was different, but still nice.




This is my step dad, Ron. I call him Dad as he is so great and so wonderful! I am very blessed to have him. Not only is he a great dad, he also fixes my car and takes me for rides on his tractor!!





Jeremy and my dh talking about the latest PS2 game to hit our house, some jet fighter thingie. Jeremy bought it for my dh, or so I thought. Jeremy has been playing it a lot himself!!






Devin opening one of his gifts. Devin cleaned up this year, he got a lot of stuff, but most of it is useful,and school related, and he was very happy with it all.





Please excuse my messy soap making area behind me!! I was so thrilled that Robyn bought me a new pair of winter boots!! They are from Land's End, and I love them! Not only are they really super warm and waterproof, they are also PULL ON!!!! Wahooo!! These cost her a lot of money, and I was so excited to get them!! I was looking at them for a while, and we only just got a Land's End store in our city (in Canada, they are located in Sears). You should see the video of me opening them, it is hilarious!




Robyn is opening a very special present from me - it is my favourite handbag which I bought on Manitoulin Island. I haven't used it in a while, as I change my bags around a bit. She has bugged me about wanting this for ages, so I gave it to her, along with some make up, which she doesn't need as she is so beautiful without it. But I thought she might like to have some anyway. I have rights to using this bag when I want to!!


1 comment:

  1. Loved the Waltons too and the theme song is my favorite hymn.
    Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete