Sister Lori, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to leave a comment on your blog!! Though I cannot wait to read more of it, and will be doing so over a cup of tea shortly. Well, when I get the soap finished that is! I really appreciate your blog, and it has really helped me, thanks! I am going to print the wonderful words that you Connie and Melanie have shared so I can keep it close by when I feel down about my daddy.
This summer we met a wonderful Mennonite family, they sell produce and so on from a stand on their farm. We have gotten to know them and their children ( and my horse crazy daughter has been getting to know their horses!). They are old order Mennonite, and they have a business making buggies and carts. I have learned so much from them,and they put up with my goofy questions. One amazing story the mother, Nancy, told me was about her step mother. Her mother died a few years ago, and her father got married to a woman who had never been married, and certainly has no children. I think Nancy used the term "old woman" to describe her. Well, she has had quite a bit to adapt to, she went from an unmarried woman, to a grandmother of 54grandchildren over night!! And she has done very well, as she makes gingerbread cookies for each child!
We also shared a good laugh with the children. They had done so well with their stand that they decided to go on a family trip to African Lion Safari. I sat there with a puzzled look on my face. When you go to African Lion Safari, you drive your car through the different animal habitats, the first one being the Lions! I was trying to figure out how they would get through there alive with their horse and buggy! I could just see the news headlines -"Mennonite family and their horses eaten on trip to wildlife park"! They looked at me like I was crazy ( hey, I have been known to be a wee bit insane from time to time!) and laughed and told me they were taking the bus!! LOL! Just goes to show what I know!!
I am hoping to drive by their house soon to drop off some soap and so on for them as my thanks for all the great things we purchased from them this year. I would love for them to visit, but doubt they will bring thier horse and buggy into the city, though it would be so nice if they did!
I added your blog to my sidebar and look forward to getting to know you better!
No comments:
Post a Comment