
I am behind in some of my assignments, but thought I better soon get myself caught up again! This weeks Blogger Friend School assignment is the following.....!.
Part A...Share about your family's laundry. Where is it kept? Who does it? How does your family sort it? Do you wash by hand? hang it on a clothesline? Make your own laundry soap? How often do you do laundry? How many loads each day/week? Indoor laundry room, in the garage or Laundromat? Even more fun, share a picture.
Well, right now my washing machine is broken, and I am having to lug it all out to the Laundromat to wash it, and then lug even heavier washing home to dry it!! it really is a pain, but I like getting it all done at one time, and then it seems much quicker to dry it. My laundry room is a certified disaster area at the moment.
It is in the basement in the furnace room, where we also have our storage, workbench, hot water tank, shelving, old doors, a small freezer, the dryer and Robyn's rabbit. Oreo takes up most of the room, and it gets on my nerves! If I could only train her to do the laundry!! Oh yes, there is also an antique fireplace mantel crammed in there, which I am hoping to refinish. It has only been in there for 2 years!!
The kids have mesh laundry bags in their rooms, and I try to do laundry on Monday and Thursday, though I do stick a load in there when I need too. In our bedroom, we have a neat laundry hamper thingy from IKEA, which is on rollers, and the canvas bags roll out of our closet. Sort of hard to describe! I am the one who does the laundry, though there is going to be some laundry training going on once this machine is up and running again! Devin likes to come to the Laundromat with me to wash the clothes, he pushes the doors shut and puts the money in.
I have a clothesline which I use when the weather is nice, though not usually in the winter, as my hands get very raw in the cold so I can't use the clothesline in the deep freeze. I love clotheslines! I love to drive out in the country on a Monday and see all the Mennonite and Amish women hanging out the wash. I just saw the coolest thing on a drive up to the cottage...someone was bringing her laundry into the house on the clothesline!! She pulled it into the front porch!! Oh I want that!!!!
I use liquid Gain detergent, and Fleecy Mother's Touch fabric softener. I would like to try Method and see how that works, does anyone use that out there in blogland? I usually do 4 to 5 loads of laundry on Monday's, as my daughter is in horseback riding lessons on Saturday's and I struggle to keep up with the laundry my 12 year old son makes, what is up with that??? I thought girls were supposed to be the fashion plates! I will try to post pictures later on, as my daughter has the camera somewhere in the abyss which is her bedroom!
Part B.....Do you have an area in your life that you know that the Lord is tugging at some heart strings that needs to be cleaned up? Have a testimony of your past struggles that might help another homeschooling mom? Share a piece of your heart (dirty laundry) that you are seeking a good washing or how it got cleaned up. Sharing with one another is a great way to have your post feel human and real. I am including part C in this... choose a Scripture that pertains to this subject to share this week.
Well, wouldn't it be great if we had no dirty laundry?? I am struggling with letting God be in control, and I really struggle with fear. It has a grip on me that I am really struggling to break, but a couple of weeks ago, I took a small step forward. In church I had a couple of my friends, and of course, my very best friend, my dh, pray for me. It took a lot for me to admit that I do battle with fear, it creeps into every part of my life at times, undermining my faith and interfering with my family and making me sick, actually.
A verse came to my friend's mind, and since she shared it with me, it has appeared in various other places, including emails that I have received, or books I am reading!! And that verse is....
"God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a strong mind." 2 Timothy 1:7
You know, I have read that before, but it never seemed to have such POW as it does for me today. God doesn't want me to be afraid, he didn't make me to be afraid and scared all the time, that spirit is from Satan. And I don't have to be afraid, because look who I have cheering me on and leading me, and holding my hand, every step of every day!! My Daddy!! And isn't he the best ever? Yes, I am still struggling with fear, but maybe the difference is now I realize what the problem is. And I am going to my Father with it and letting Him take it as much as I can. I am sure that I will always need help in this area, I am sure I will always slip back into old ways if I take my eyes off God. I am just so glad that He will never let me go!
Hi, Ellie!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog! I was pleasantly surprised to see your note!
I just checked out your blog. Would you mind if I link you to mine?
:)