Background

Monday, 26 November 2007

Soap, snow and life

I am up to my neck in bubbles! I have been making soap for a craft show and my family's flower shop, and I am just about fed up with soap! I will post pictures as soon as I am able. I am debating taking a break from the whole soap thing. What was once a joy and a huge amount of fun has interefered with my family and homeschool too much. And I told dh that once it was a "job" it would be time to reconsider things. The amount of paperwork, label changes etc I have to do are rather intimidating as well. There are new cosmetic laws in Canada and labels must include the following..

Ingredients ( in French and INCI - INCI is an international name for an ingredient, so that if someone in, say, japan buys my soap, they can know what it is. Usually it is in Latin) This is all well and good, but try fitting this all on a lip balm tube label!! Also, ingredients which are totally natural have some rather garish sounding names which people think are some horrible chemical. But hey, I am learning Latin!!

Weight ( metric)

My address, which I don't just like anyone having access to.

All this on one little label!!! It is doing my head in!!

So, I am praying about what to do, but I am really feeling I will wind it down after Christmas. I have many customers who will be upset, but I need to take care of my family first. Stay tuned though!!!

I am struggling a lot personally right now, and it is too lengthy to go into details, but I really feel beaten down, and broken. I know God is faithful, it is in my court to let God do His job and not try to do it for Him and take charge myself. I have been battling awful temper tantrums with my five year old, but when it comes down to it, I am just like he is!! As I told my friend this morning, God likely has a "Bang Head Here" sign when it comes to listening to me gripe and whine!!

I am off to wrap bath fizzies now..... I also have an un named soap, and may just have a contest to name it....if I ever get this silly camera working!!

2 comments:

  1. Blessings!
    I understand the feelings of loss and the walls we put up around ourselves when something steals what we perceive to be our joy. Unfortunately those walls also keep us from seeing out.
    I lost my beloved daughter going on 22 years now and each Christmas I find myself turning my thoughts over to her memory. Like you, I don't remember the sound of her voice or the touch of her warm cheek on mine. What I DO remember is that she was a child of God. His. Loaned to me for a time.
    Our family has a saying, "Meet ya at the gate". Just as we look forward to seeing family and friends we don't wait for them to come to the door, we rush out to the gate to welcome them as soon as they arrive. When my Grossdaudi was taking his last breath he looked at Mammi and said, "I'll meet ya at the gate". Our hope lies in knowing that when we "arrive" he'll be there to meet us at the gate. Mammi has since gone on to Glory and I know they will wait together:)
    Though your father was taken from his earthly home he has received a far greater dwelling in his faithfulness. If he can see you now, would his heart be aching for you in your sadness and despair?
    Joy is not happiness. Happiness is something that we find in earthly things and events. Something that we relate to laughter, sunshine, good moments. But Joy is found in the Father's love. Giving us the ability to know deep within that our joy lies at His feet. With His help and our trust in Him, we can find joy in the most trying and despairing moments of our lives.
    Think of it...giving your children and family the witness of joy found in this time you have left on this earth will teach them to find joy when you are gone to sustain them until you can "meet them at the gate".
    Lifting you in prayer to find joy, peace, contentment and trust.
    God be with thee!
    Sister Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings!
    My appologies, I posted this on the wrong entry. I reposted it under the correct entry. I tried to delete this one but it wouldn't allow me to. AGain, my appolgoies:)
    God be with thee!
    Sister Lori

    ReplyDelete