I am hoping and praying the notebook does not mess me up as I try to post this! A week or so ago,my cozy swap partner, Connie (her blog is Little Treasure, in my sidebar) sent me my box. Monica and her sister, Carrie, set up a Cozy Sister Swap, where we were to send a shoebox of goodies with the theme of "Cozy" to another person. ( You can see what others got by checking out http://watibg.blogspot.com/2007/11/cozy-swap.html As all my pictures, etc are on the old computer, I can't post the logo for this swap here, this is my dh's notebook for work. Check out Homespun Heart on the sidebar to check out Monica's blog. Will I ever get the hang of this linking computer stuff?? I am so excited about this still, I can't think straight! Anyway, my box arrived, and I promised Connie I would wait until my box got there. Here my box sat, beckoning for me to have just a peek, but I am a loyal friend and I did not open it!!
Today I thought for sure my box to her got lost in the mail, but as I checked my email tonight, Connie had emailed that my box had arrived! A few screams and scrambling around the house for scissors ensued, as I charged up the stairs to open the box. My dh snatched it away and ran around the house with it, and I was tempted to take him out with a few select karate moves, but he took pity on me and gave in.
WOW!! What an amazing treasure trove I opened!! I apologize, I cannot post pictures right now, but once the computer is fixed, I will add the pictures,but I will describe what I got!
Right on top of the box was a really neat little pillow. It is very country, and it says "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away" I love it! It is very "me"!
Next is a scarf, it is a beautiful red and cream plaid soft scarf, she bought it for herself but sent it to me, she is the most thoughtful person! I left the card upstairs and am afraid if I leave this thing it will get zapped! But she said she knew I would look beautiful in it!! Did I tell you I think I will move to BC? I plan to get a job guarding Connie's vineyard!!
I got a carton of mulling spices, which I can't wait to try!
Connie sent me a candle, it is so special, and you have to go and have a look at her blog for the full story. She selflessly sent this to me, though she wanted it so much for herself, and God blessed her with another one for her to keep! That is my gift from God!
Warm, fuzzy red socks, which I must hide from my daughter.
The cutest snowman ever! I collect snowmen, and this is just perfect for my collection! I usually leave my snowmen out all year long, I love them!
I LOVE IKEA!! Connie sent me an IKEA candle holder!! It is so nice, and I nearly flipped when I opened it!! She even thought about IKEA!! Connie, you ROCK!!!
A bowl filled with Hershey's chocolate hugs and kisses! These are from her sons, thank you so much guys!! I must find a good hiding spot now!!! As long as I can remember where it is!
This was all wrapped up in a beautiful box, and the labels she wrote were hand made, and from her heart.
I love everything, but most importantly, I have made such a wonderful, amazing friend. The best part of this swap for me is making a new sister, and having her as a great, inspiring, treasured friend!
Thanks so much Connie! And thank you so much Monica and Carrie, for bringing us together, it is a blessing from God!
Oh, I think I made it to the end without zapping anything!! Yeewhoo!!
Ellie,
ReplyDeleteSo glad you joined us for the cozy swap. It warms my heart to know you made a dear friend.
Blessings!
Hi Ellie,
ReplyDeleteWhat wonderful things you received!! Hope you can get pictures up in the future. I posted pictures (finally) on my blog of the things that you sent me for Peggy's Autumn Swap. Thanks again for everything. I hope things are going well with you and your family. I was sorry to see you have to leave Peggy's list. Is this blog only temporary?
~~Anne
www.backyardtreasures.wordpress.com
This made me cry it's so special! OH ENJOY, dear friend! (((((HUGS))))) sandi
ReplyDelete