Background

Friday, 23 November 2007

Snow and other observations

Well, we had our first winter snow storm of the season. It started on Wednesday night around midnight and we could hear the ice pellets scouring the house and it was very windy. We woke in the morning to a layer of ice, and then the snow started. I drove the kids around to do their papers, and Robyn was happy as her best freind had a snow day and was off school for the day. The roads, especially our street were very slippery, I didn't make the turn into our driveway! Thankfully no one was coming!

Yesterday was my baby brother's 30th birthday, and we drove over to my hometown for dinner with him at a Chinese restaurant. The food used to be so good there, but now it is over cooked and just not nearly as nice as before. Still we all had fun, my family was all there and my brother's friends came too.


On the way home, we were coming down one of the back roads we take, and Mike has this habit of being very comfortable driving in snowy weather. We were coming up to a sharp turn, and he didn't listen to me about slowing down, and we didn't make the turn!! We slid, and ended up inches away from a deep ditch. I remember yelling to the kids to hang on, and was very afraid ( and very ticked at dh for not listening to me!) Thankfully, we managed to stop just in time, and we were not on a busy road, as we were right in the middle of an S turn and no one would have seen us until it was too late! God really got us out of that one. Mike drove a little more gingerly from then on! We also saw a wolf once we were on our way again, that was really cool to see!

Yesterday, I decided I was going to sew up some pillows, I have been looking at the material for ages, so I got out dd's sewing machine. It took me over an hour to thread the bobbin and figure out how to thread the machine and get it going!! But in the end, I made 1 pillow!!!!!!! Woohoo!!!!! I am hoping to make more this weekend, but I also have soap, bath fizzies and lotion to concoct. So we will see! I dearly hope my dh gets my computer running, as all my templates are on it for my products. And, having said that, I hope he hasn't sent them into la la land, that would be a disaster for me at this time of year!!

1 comment:

  1. So thankful you are all okay ...isn't it amazing how the Lord protects us...I'm sure He is doing it all day long, we just don't see it:-)

    I love snow storms, as long as I am not in them...I refuse to drive when it's snowing if at all possible. I even had my friend Audrey drive me to a daughters Ortho appointment because it was snowing out...pathetic HUH?

    Bless you dear sister.

    Connie

    ReplyDelete