For Today, April 20
Outside my window... Sunny!!! Breezy and quite cool today though. But if you can find a spot out of the wind, the sun is nice and toasty!
The snow is rapidly leaving! Can you believe the difference?
The yard is reappearing! The blue hose is how we drain our bathtub until the septic is working better. The trebuchet is on its side for now, as we had to move it.
Snowstorm March 23...you can barely see the white sheet we have set up in the back left ( that is for Devin's bow and arrow) This is the BEFORE..... Oh this is a scary photo, isn't it??
AFTER...much better!! The interceptor I keep talking about is the "river" on the right side.
Ahhhh, the ocean!! I love this lookoff!
Lobster boat, bringing in the catch. The season here ends at the end of May, then it starts somewhere else in Nova Scotia ( Our season runs from November until May 31)
And...once again we have this awkward space that will not delete or backspace or anything else! Scroll down.....
I am thinking... That I am tired. I am dealing with a bit of a cold - scratchy throat, feeling like I want to cough all the time, feeling exhausted etc. But I am not being very kind to myself and I need more rest. My whole family does. This means I need to limit screen time, and honestly, I am okay with doing this. I love to blog, and want this to be more of a focus for my online time. Facebook not only sucks up my time, but feels like it sucks the life out of me too. With the exception of a couple of amazing groups I belong to.
I am thankful... That we do not need a whole new septic field. We just need to wait for this run off to settle down, then when it is dry enough, we can dig down the interceptor and hope this helps divert the water more effectively.
I am wearing... Navy jersey knit sweater over a grey tank top, jeans.
I am creating... Pages for my journal. I take my favourite magazine photos of things I love, decorating I admire, words and phrases, etc, and arrange them in my book. It saves space as I don't have a million magazines lying around, and I find it relaxing to cut them out and paste them in my book.
This is a lot of clippings...this is just one collection!
I am going... To clean up the yard a bit this afternoon, and try to get supper at earlier times so we can get to bed earlier. I hope! The rest of this week is supposed to rain so I should also try to dig down the interceptor around the septic field dug out again. Just being outside enjoying the sunshine will be nice!
I see a raised bed! Woot! I still can't get through the gate though. My rooster fell off the weathervane, boo!
I am wondering... If the bears will be back this spring. We have coyotes in our neighbourhood right now, so we need to move the garbage away from the house.
I am reading... Country Living magazine. I had stopped reading it, as I found it was getting away from country, and became much more for those with gobs of money, and more citified. There is a new editor now, and it seems much more down to earth and I like it more than I did even before.
I am hoping... That with this nicer weather and the snow gone from the roads, Mike's back will be able to handle going for walks.
I am learning... That staying up until 1:00 AM and then getting up for the day at 6:00 AM may work when you are 18, but it does not work well when you are 46! Rest is important, and I may think I am able to get a few more things done, but it should not come at the expense of my well being and the stress that it causes when anxiety rears its ugly head due to tiredness. Not just to me but also my family when I turn into a big grump box who cries at everything!
Relaxing amongst the seaweed!
In my garden...I can see my garden now!! I can see one whole raised bed! but I can't open the gate to get in, grrr! I just got a book from the library called "Straw Bale Gardens Complete", about how to grow veggies etc in straw bales, and I would really like to try it out! This is not my garden, but an example of straw bale gardening...
Photo courtesy of http://www.livingthecountrylife.com/gardening/garden-ideas/country-view-joel-karsten-%E2%80%93-straw-bale-gardening-%E2%80%93-roseville-mn/
In my kitchen... I am making a chicken and rice soup for supper, as I am not feeling well. I know I keep saying this...I need to menu plan! Preferably before I go grocery shopping!
In the homeschool room... We are trying to get all the math done early, we have 10 more lessons to go, but it is fractions, and those are time consuming!
A peek into one of my days...
Oh look! It is a bald eagle butt!! We were so surprised to see him swoop down in front of us and land 100 feet away in a tree, and what a show we got! I was videotaping it, and Mike could only get this photo. He was after some ducks, who were very vocal about him being there! Soon he was bombarded by crows and he flew off. What a blessing to see him!
One of my favorite things... I have a new movie to add to my favourites! I just took my daughter and her friend ( my "adopted" daughter!) to see Cinderella. I cannot tell you what a beautiful, amazing movie this is. See it if you get a chance! HERE is a link to the trailer.
From the board room...
Hmmm, I think I like this idea for the stairs I need to soon get around to painting! ( I am not sure I am doing this properly, the pins won't link!)
Photo source...www.thriftydecorchick.com
Post Script...One simple word...rest. It is important, and to rest and let God guide is even more important . THIS is a great read. ( anything by Sally Clarkson is a great read!)
Please stop by Peggy's blog to read more Daybooks, and consider participating!












Oh wow! I was wondering if the card reached you! I had asked the post office how long they thought it would take and was told only a few weeks. A month..wow!!
ReplyDeleteSo happy to see the snow almost gone for you! Great news about your septic!! Alot of my "open your eyes" post has to do with family/friend stuff. It just makes me giggle when the ones who have their eyes opened and then beg for forgiveness with saying how very sorry they were for how they thought your were in the past. They can't believe how blind they were..... most of the times that their eyes open up is when they get hurt by the one that has them all bulldozed over...if that makes sense??
Sorry for the rambling. Hope your week is a good one!!
I have a friend who sends me cards from West Virginia...those are over a month too. I have no idea why, I thought it was the snow...part of me thinks our postal carriers are lazy. Oh yes, you make perfect sense to me! I have had friends and family do that, it really makes me wonder about them, to be honest!
DeleteGood to hear about Country Living magazine getting better! I always used to enjoy it - but then it changed so much, that I stopped buying it. But I will check into it again the next time I'm out. I love to buy magazines!! We just got our tomato plants in (then we got hail today) - they seem to be okay though!
ReplyDeleteLinda in VA
Yes, I used to always buy it as well, but then it just started to be so different. There is a new editor and I think this has made the difference. I hope so, because I always enjoyed the magazine. I love to buy magazines too, I just signed about 15 out of the library! Glad to hear your tomato plants are okay, when you hear it is going to hail you always worry about what it going to get ruined in the garden, don't you?
DeleteI did hear Cinderella was a good movie; thanks for confirming it! I am amazed with how much of the snow has melted! I didn't think it would for a LONG time :)
ReplyDeletebetty
I am very glad it isn't going to be mid May before it melts, like the forecasters were saying. Judging on their forecasting this winter, I think I will not be relying on anything they have to say!
DeleteI hope you are feeling better soon. That is crazy that mail takes so long. Canada isn't that far away! Glad spring is finally arriving
ReplyDeleteI know, I truly do not get why it takes so long! Feeling a bit better today!
DeleteOh my goodness.... I'm also finding that late nights Just.Don't.Work when you're in the 40's...! I keep needing naps at 3pm, but can't seem to get it right to go to bed before midnight...
ReplyDeleteStraw bale gardening sounds interesting. I'm thinking of growing some veggies in containers this year since i'm not sure about anything here in Canada yet.
Take care,
Felicity
Yep..late nights are not good! You can grow pretty much anything in containers, I have done tomatoes and cucumbers, but you can do carrots, lettuce, I have even seen people grow corn! Last year I grew potatoes in laundry baskets, that worked really well. One of the secrets to container gardening is to keep the containers well watered and fed, but it is fun to do!
Delete