For Today... April 27th
I am thinking... And praying for the people in Nepal. What a terrible tragedy. It is awful to watch the news and see the video coming from there, and the aftershocks are still so strong.
I am thankful...The robins have started to sing their little hearts out, especially at night. The ice is coming off the lakes, the hostas are poking their heads out of the ground, and the snow is starting to melt. Though the snow in the forest is still as deep as ever. The run off has slowed and our septic is working much better, I can even do laundry, as long as it is only one load a day! I am thrilled!!
We saw this beautiful rainbow at Head of St. Margaret's Bay. The river was roaring into the ocean and the tide had turned at the same time ( starting to go out), so the water was quite wild!
I am wearing... Goodness, here we go again, blue jeans, grey tank and blue jersey shirt! I am a creature of habit!
I am going... To work on putting winter scarves, boots and mittens away. To do a fitness walk today. Devin would like to go bowling with the home school group this week. I need to pick up some onion sets to plant, as well as seed potatoes for when it warms up. We have baby chickens arriving next week, and I need to research what else we need besides making the brooder and working the heat lamp.
I am wondering... If anything will grow in the garden this year, it is so wet and still so cold (10 degrees cooler than normal right now)
This little guy arrived late last week from a swap I was in. It is really neat! And they do not require anything but air!
I have been taking geranium cuttings, and the old plants were long and lanky, so they got a nice haircut, and I still get to enjoy the blossoms!
I am reading... This NEW ONE just came in from the library...and it is really good!
A close up from a page from Natural Beauty, jasmine is one of my favourite essential oils.
I am hoping... My elbow heals soon. It is to the point the pain is so bad when I grip or hold certain things that I almost drop them. I was out using clippers today in the yard, and the action of doing the clipping was pretty bad. It is tennis elbow, and sometimes, it feels much better to work out and exercise!
In my garden... Haha! I was actually able to GET IN my garden this weekend! As in...I could finally open the gate! It needs some work, the fencing needs to be shored up and patched up, I need manure for the garden beds, and when the snow is gone from there, I will get in there and dig in the beds.
Only a bit of snow left in the garden and lots of fencing to repair!
In my kitchen... I am making roast beef in the crockpot, and later will be making roast potatoes, veggies and I am not sure if I am going to get time to make blueberry grunt for dessert. If not, it will be one of my apple pies from the freezer.
In the homeschool room... Devin worked on a really fun colour theory exercise the other day, exploring complementary colours. He liked it so much he wants to do more, I love lessons like this!
A peek into one of my days... Here are some photos of our weekend, we took a drive down to Lunenburg and Mahone Bay, it is gorgeous on the South Shore!
Lunenburg has many colourful buildings and homes.
The newly built Bluenose 2. It is a famous sailing ship, and the original Bluenose is on our ten cent coin. They rebuilt her, and a couple of years ago, they rebuilt it again...only they didn't use any part of the first Bluenose 2. So this is a brand new ship, and it has turned into such a money pit. Years later it is still not seaworthy.
Oh how I love horses! This one was way up on a steep hill, while we parked on the road right below, it was quite a unique vantage point.
A Christmas tree decorated with buoys!
Bringing in the catch at Blue Rocks.
Bingo! Sea glass treasure from a small beach at Blue Rocks.
One of my sea glassing companions. He found a spoon in the water!
Chester Yacht Club. Chester is a gorgeous little town!
Post Script... I got to visit this soap shop this weekend, it is one of my favourite places to go! I bought some soap for me, my daughter and something called "Marshmallow Dream Cream" with the most amazing ginger scent! Her soaps look edible!
Our sleepy puppy, Mixie.
I hope you enjoyed your visit here today! Please go to Peggy's blog to read more Daybooks!






















OMG Ellen! The towns....the boats....the water....the beaches....OMG...im coming your way!!! How amazingly beautiful. You are blessed! Have a great week my friend.
ReplyDeleteOh to live that close to the ocean!! Sorry to hear about your elbow! I had that kind of pain a few years ago, it was horrible! I hope yours heals quickly! I miss have roast from the crock pot, the hubby doesn't really care for it, so I seldom make it. Have a great week!!
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute puppy! Sorry with the rain and the cold weather! Been such a tough year for you all! What a lovely collection of sea glass you found!
ReplyDeletebetty
Such lovely pictures! I love the ocean :)
ReplyDeleteThat soap shop looks so neat! Thanks for sharing.
Have a great week Ellie
Loved your post, dear and i would love to visit that area perhaps this Summer.. Your pics are great... ox
ReplyDeleteI am so jealous that you get to live so close to the ocean. I just have to come visit you someday and we can spend time wandering the shores together. Loved all your pictures. There are amazing!!
ReplyDelete