Background

Wednesday, 14 May 2008

Tragedy in our family

I am still in shock over this, and I hope this is coherent! On Sunday, I called my mother in law to wish her a Happy Mother's Day, when she delivered some news that has shook us all. She sounded upset, so I thought she got her MRI results back and they weren't good. That was not the case. My dh's cousin, Donna, who is 46 years old, had a stroke!! She was at her trailer with her kids and her boyfriend, and she had a pain in her leg. She bent over to get soemthing off the floor, and she collapsed and went into convulsions.

They rushed her to the local hospital who then transeferred her a bigger one in the city. They were able to give her a shot which is supposed to stop the progression of the stroke, and got it within the 3 hour limit. Donna could not speak, and she did not know her kids or anyone else.

They debated whether it was a stroke or not, as her mother and her grandmother had a blood condition, which Donna also has. On Monday moring, they confirmed it was a massive stroke affecting the right side of her brain. My mother in law went to visit, and Donna looked at her, but she isn't sure she knew who she was. Donna then took a turn for the worst, and they sent her to a hospital in Hamilton.

Donna is brain dead!!!! Oh my gosh, I just cannot believe I am writing this! They cannot do surgery, there is too much pressure on her brain. They have given her 12 to 24 hours to live. Her kids are 18, 13 and 11. Her oldest is next of kin, and has to make all the decisions and sign off on everything. Their father is not in the picture much. I am so heart broken for them.

Please pray for us all, this is devastating.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my soul, Ellie! How devastating for everyone! I will praying for your family!

    ~ Kim in NS

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Oh my Lord....please, please have mercy on this family. God please comfort this family who are all in shock over this horrible tragedy...please be with the children and comfort them...give Dr.'s wisdom and the next of kin to know what to do....surround them with Godly people who can pray over them and surroudn them with your love...Oh Jesus, please help this family....work everything out for Your Good..Amen"

    ReplyDelete