Donna's service was on Saturday, and it was beautiful and she would have loved it. Well, she had already planned some of it. Very oddly, she had heard a song on the radio on her way up to her trailer the Friday before she died, and told her kids she wanted it played at her funeral. She died 2 days later! I don't know what the song was as I have never heard it before, but it was beautiful. The church was packed with people, so many people cared about her.
Stephen, her oldest, wrote something for her, and thanked her, as he had never said thank you to her for all she had done for them. Michael, who is 12, read a letter that Donna wrote and read at her own mom's funeral. No one could get through that without crying, but Michael did, he was so brave! Kaitlin was too upset to say anything, but her mom knew how she felt about her.
Donna's boyfriend, Bo, was absolutely devastated. Not only has he lost the love of his life, but also the three kids who were like his very own, and they love him. He was just shaking uncontrollably, I felt so awful for him. Yes, their dad is in the picture again, but he also drinks a lot and is also making this very hard on Mike's dad, who is the executor of her will. It is not a good situation, but I have offered to have the kids come to stay with us after we move if they need some space.
I am glad that she is finally at rest and her family can start a new path and have the love and support of so many people!
No comments:
Post a Comment