Well, after almost 5 agonizing months, we are just about all packed up and ready to head on out of here. I am posting today as the movers are coming tomorrow to pack us up and then on Wednesday, they get it all loaded onto a truck and we will be following on Friday. There were many days throughout this that I could not see an end to this. This is the first weekend I have not had to ship dh back on an airplane, now we are all going together! He will be driving his van, and I will be in mine, please pray for safety while we are driving to Nova Scotia. It is a long, long drive, it should take us 2 days. I like to drive, but not that much!! Also pray our vans make it, both are getting up there, and in fact, we will likely scrap dh's once we arrive in Halifax.
The kids are doing okay. Robyn is very sad to be leaving such a great youth group and such an amazing network of friends. I feel like I am ripping her heart out, it has been hard this past week. I wonder if I can do this to her, but I know that we will all stay connected, both with her friends and mine. Jeremy is not really wanting to go and never has, but seems more excited now. Devin just wants to go!!
As for my family, they are adjusting to this slowly. Yes, it will be hard to leave them, but I am trusting that God will help them through this, as I can't do it for them. And I am trusting He will get me through this as well. This is SO not me!! I like to be home and close to friends and family, and here I go, no support network, no family, it is scaring me!! Everytime someone asks me if I have family there, and I answer, "No", I get awfully strange looks!! Well, we do have family there, we have God, which is pretty darn cool!
I am behind in emailing and getting people caught up, but will do so once we are settled. I will also post pictures of the new house once we get there! I can't believe it is time for us to finally go, and I am very sad to be leaving my home, we have been here almost 11 years now, the longest we have stayed anywhere since we have been married. We have lots of memories here, and I will miss it. I used to complain about how dinky this house was and how it needs this and that, and I didn't realize how much it has meant to me, and how perfect it is. Ugh, now I am crying... I hope I can do this.. it is a little late to wonder about that, isn't it!!
Thanks Ellie for the update...I'm sure it's going to be difficult for you...God wants Him to be your safety net...and He was you to need him...also, our daughter was so angry with us for moving...but now she sees that had we not moved, she would never have met the guy is is marrying in 26 days...God knows exactly what he is doing...there is a special purpose in mind for you going to N.S. and sometimes it takes months or even years to see that reason. But it's always for the best...and He has reasons for taking you away from family....he loves them as much as you, but has the big picture in mind...we only see the here and now.
ReplyDeleteSo enjoy the journey and cling to him when you get down...can't wait to see your new house...what an exciting time to put your own personal touches into something new and begin new memories and traditions...so very excited for you.
Blessings my dear friend
Connie
Dear Ellie,
ReplyDeleteI couldn't have put it better than Connie did! Ditto on everything she wrote in her comment! :)
I must say that it is truly amazing to have been here witnessing all of this from the time you announced that you were moving, to finding a house and selling the one you live in now. It's special to see things unfold.
Don't worry about the kids. My parents moved us LOTS of times when we were growing up and each time, we didn't want to leave our friends, our school, our neighbourhood, our HOUSE...but in the end, kids are resilient and they make new friends and learn to love their new home :)
Remember, a house is just a house. A home is what you make it.
Thinking of you guys! All the best on your new adventure! XOXO
Just checking in on you and your family, Ellie! BTW, I sent you an e-mail. I hope it didn't go into your spam folder because I sent it from my yahoo.ca address rather than my hotmail one.
ReplyDeleteXOXO