Well, good news or bad first?? Okay, we will go with the bad first. Mike's parents have just gotten home from Florida. While they were there, Mike's mum thought she had a gallstone attack, and went to the hospital. They did not find gallstones, but they think she has a tumor somewhere, not sure where as Mike's dad was very vague. But the big C word has come into play, and she goes for a CAT scan today. They think she had a cyst on her stomach and it ruptured, but that is in all likelihood a tumour. This of course hit us like a ton of bricks.
We are still dtermined to move here, but we feel so torn up and so upset. I know we did not hear God wrong, but sometimes I wonder if He is changing His mind. I know He doesn't do that, but it crosses my mind if maybe we were wrong, but whenever I think that, I get a check and know it is what we are to do. I don't think Mike would have gotten the job if He didn't have this in His perfect plan. But the house isn't selling, we are all sick, we are all in turmoil, and I am weak. But I am holding on! Mike is dealing well with it all, he and I are so different! When his dad told him the news, I felt sick immediately, ugh.... We will know more later on today, and I hope to be able to update this afternoon, but it may not be until tomorrow morning, or when I can access a computer again.
Okay, do you want some better news? We looked at several houses yesterday, and the one we thought we were in love with, we still are, but it needs a huge amount of work. Huge. It is priced so we can do it, but has an offer at the moment. As it is a bank sale, the owners trashed it pretty much, and wrote on the walls in black marker, some really nasty stuff. I felt so sad for that family. It was heartbreaking to see that stuff. There is just something about it though that I can't put out of my mind, but I suppose we will find out soon enough what we are to do!
We looked at a really nice Cape Cod/Salt Box style house, and it is really lovely. I am totally in love with it. It is bright, has a view of the ocean, and is in good shape and is already painted colours I love!! So we shall see!
I miss my kids very much. It seems like I am in a dream. I still have trouble seeing us all here but know I would feel differnt if the kids were here. When we are out and about though, it is so nice. This is the hardest thing I have ever done and I am just such a baby, it is not helping! I am certainly one of the Israelites wandering the desert, and I don't want to keep that up!
The kids are still not well, but are getting better, and are looking forward to me coming home. I am not, as I had enough trouble flying with Mike, but leaving him here behind is already sending me into a spin, so I am doing my best not to think about it!!
I am going to take comments off moderation, btw, as it is driving me crazy approving things!! If anyone has any helpful ideas of moving long distnaces and how you cope with it, it would be great!!
No comments:
Post a Comment