Background

Monday, 21 April 2008

Bloom Sister Swap

Well, this will be interesting!! I am now in Nova Scotia with my dh, and survived the flight, somehow!! Before we left, I was hoping I could post a photo of the wonderful box of goodies my Bloom Swap partner, Heather, who lives in Maryland, sent me. Because I am now on my dh's work computer I cannot post any photos until I get home again. So, you will have to use your imagination!!

This Bloom swap was hosted by Carrie and Monica (see Homespun Heart at the sidebar for the link, I am so not prepared to do this at work!!), and we were to send off a box of goodies that mean blooming, or spring, or renewal, that sort of thing. Well, I have had such a rotten week, that I didn't get my box posted until Saturday, and meanwhile Heather's box has arrived and I was so excited I opened mine without thinking!!!!! How incredibly awful is that!!!???

Heather sent me the most amazing box!! I got Honeysuckle body wash and bubble bath from bath and Body Works, and I just love that company! We don't have it in Canada, and I just think their products are awesome! I also got a Yankee honeysuckle Candle, and aother Honeysuckle one, which both smell great, and I leave out for the house showings. Honeysuckle is just the nicest smelling flower!! I have a scented sachet which smells like fresh laundry off the line, and it smells so good!! There were also some kleenex with flowers on them, which I am having to keep away from my dh, who is extremely sick with bronchitis. He would go through those in 10 minutes!

She also sent me some Mary Engelbright things, a journal, a notepad, and some notecards. Mary Engelbright just oozes spring and blooming!! I got a really cool garden hat that pops out of a little case and folds up, it is really cool!! The kids think I look like Julie Andrews in The Sound of Music when I wear this hat!! LOL!! I got some great gardening gloves that have already been put to good use.

Heather is a very talented scrapbooker and made me a wall hanging that says "Bloom Where God Plants You", pretty appropriate for our situation right now!! It is gorgeous and I love it!!

Heather does not have a blog yet, but it would be an amazing one if she did!!

Thanks so much Heather, for the wonderful, thoughtful box you sent!! And sorry I cheated and opened it before you got yours! Don't worry, yours will be well worth it!!!

6 comments:

  1. Wow ~ I acan't wait to see pictures of your "Swap"! Everything sounds wonderful!!!!

    So Ellie, what do you think of our beautiful Nova Scotia? At least the weather was nice today ~ well it was nice here in the Annapolis Valley today! I hope you enjoy your time with hubby!

    ~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had fun participating! Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun, good descriptions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like great stuff. LOVE your header!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay--I love that your partner sent you something from the title of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like it was a wonderful box!

    ReplyDelete