Here's a little tour of our living room as it is right now Since my daughter and son in law moved in, things are crammed in and I have not been able to rearrange things as I would like, but that is fine, it is nicer having my kids around! We also desperately need to paint, but there is a lot of painting to do, so that will have to wait.
I have been doing some soap making, which I usually do around Christmas, and I used to do as a home business, before we moved here. I enjoy it, though I don't have the work space I once did, but can make do in short bursts when the mood strikes!
This is one of my favourites, it smells like Christmas, spicy, warm and hints of pine and balsam.
Warm Apple Crisp soap. This was my best seller and the one everyone always asks me to make.
Blackberry and Sage, this is pretty indescribable, but it is my very favourite, next to Bay Rum.
Nova Scotia Blueberry, yum!
We had a dusting of snow overnight, this is the deck off the kitchen. You can see my crazy garden in the background, we had to fence it to keep the deer out, we just made our own fence!
I love snowmen and old quilts, the snowmen stay out all year!
Never again will I buy a denim sofa or chair. Denim of course fades, and this is not washable. Grrr! We found the cabinet in the garbage, I distressed and painted it and keep my library books in it. I also primmed the old window.
Our well loved and long lasting Ikea Ektorp sofa which we love and will get again - except the nearest Ikea is in Quebec! It is a little crammed as we have moved things around to accommodate our family.
My desk and Devin's tiny one, which I just found in the garbage! He is too big for it really, but he loves doing school at it! I got a deal on this old desk, the top lifts up too, and it has an old oxblood stain on it. I have no idea how old it is, but I paid $90.00 for it at a craft and antique shop which I thought was a great deal. Underneath is my knitting and craft supplies.
I love , love, love buttons and button jars!!
I also love battery operated and primmed candles. I light this one when I sit and do my Bible study and when it is dark and gloomy in the house.
I also found the TV stand in the garbage and I distressed it. The blue box in front of the window is supposed to be a deck box, and I haven't figured out the best place for it yet, so here it sits and waits. Robert, my son in law, grew the mango tree from seed, it really needs a warmer spot.
A little corner of my sewing table. I made the stitchery, which is something I enjoy doing, and helps me a lot in coping with anxiety.
You have to have a little sheep somewhere!
The view from the living room window. We moved the green bin closer to the house and I think the bear has left the area for the winter, he has not been back since we moved it.
The other side of the driveway. If the trees weren't here, you could see right to the ocean, which to me is just amazing!
This is Mya, Robyn and Robert's Quaker parrot. My grandbird. She drives me nuts, but she is funny!
Old cupboard door, given to us by a friend.
I love buttons but I am crazy about raggedies!! I did not make this one, but I do enjoy making them as well.
This lamp is really cool, it melts the top of the candle and releases the scent. You can use your candles over and over with the lamp, but can't actually light them, as the wick shifts around too much and could cause a fire.
The front landing, I will share more on this another time.
I hope your day has been wonderful!
Goodness you've been so busy with the soap! I just love the photos of your home. I love all the prims! :)
ReplyDeleteI agree with everything Kim said…I don't even know where to start with commenting on this post!!! I loved everything you shared…you won't believe me…but we also had a denim chair! It was a "chair-and-a-half" from Lazy-Boy and was so awesome…at first. YES, DENIM FADES…who knew that the dumb chair would fade like a pair of jeans???!!! And then…just like the bottom of a pair of blue jeans…my seat on the chair began to wear and eventually frayed and split open exposing the foam stuffing…I had to keep it covered with a quilt. Not a bad look, but not what I was wanting to do all the time! I too have button collections…we are two peas i a pod! HUGS!
ReplyDelete