My sister in law, Sarah, has finally started a blog! I have hinted at her for a bit to start one, as she is so interesting and so creative!! She inspires me so much, and encourages me to step back, breathe and see the beauty in things when I am stressed and anxious. ( Everyone needs someone like that in their life, don't you think?) We do not live close enough to get together like we wish we could. But when we do get together, it is wonderful, it is like no time has passed since we were last together.
One of Sarah's passions is childbirth and babies, and she just recently became certified as a doula. In fact, I guess I was her first customer! She had her first baby a couple of weeks before I had my third baby ( who was born a month early). And she came to the hospital when I was in labour, with her newborn, and really supported me so much during my labour and delivery. She was also a good support for Mike also. I was blessed to also have my sister there so I had quite a team! My sister really went to bat for me, as I ended up needing to see the obgyn for surgery immediately after. She did not have very good sterile technique, and my sister caught some things that could have made me quite sick possibly. My sister is not afriad to stand up and get things done right!
Sarah is so gentle and so fun and really helped me keep focused, even when it got really tough. After delivering Devin I had issues ( I had been pregnant with twins, I miscarried Devin's twin very early in my pregnancy) and needed a D and C right away. Being a red head, the bleeding was not stopping either. Sarah helped with Devin while Mike came with me and stayed as long as he could to help me out. I could not have done this without any of them, but Sarah just amazed me with her natural ability to support and encourage and to be a voice for me, and I am so thrilled she continued to pursue becoming a doula! I wish everyone could have a doula, they are invaluable!!! Now if you want to know what a doula is and does, you will have to go check out her blog. She is doing a giveaway as well ( and I cannot enter, boo hoo!!)
Sarah also does belly casting, and knits and crochets the most amazing creations. I am so blessed to have her in my life, and hope you can pop in and check out her new blog. Now, she is just getting started, and I hope she will share lots, because she truly is gifted and blessed in so many ways!
Also...thanks for the comments and support! I really appreciate it and I am so glad to be blogging again!
oh Elly, even when you feel it is darkest, you are shining a light on my life :) love you!
ReplyDelete