Background

Tuesday, 2 April 2013

The real deal

Okay, I really am trying to get back to blogging, it has just been busy.  I am trying to keep up with everything and not doing a good job of it. I don't have the time right now to fiddle with getting my blog design to more reflect me ( nor the funds to pay someone to do it).  My old desktop where I keep my photos takes ages to do anything on, so my posts will not have a lot of photos or bells and whistles. 

You know, I guess I have become really just....I don't know the word...disenchanted maybe...by blogs and especially Facebook.  I read some blogs and it is like people are trying to put on a show, and impress everyone with how much they get done, how perfect their days are, how perfect their home schools run, etc.  No one is perfect, and I so appreciate the blogs I read that are not like this...that show that they are real people whose homes are not perfectly tidy, perfectly decorated and painted ( especially when they may have a busy house with lots of kids).  Do you know what I mean??  When I blog it is like you are really talking to me, I am usually very transparent. I often wear my heart on my sleeve which is not always a good thing, but does show I am human with feelings and I am a work in progress. 

I really have to decide why I am blogging.  I enjoy it, and it is a great way to keep people sort of informed as to what we are out and about doing.  It is a good stress release.  But when I sit here every day thinking "Oh I have to blog" like it is one more dreaded item on my to do list, then that is not good.  It is stressful! 

So, I will blog when I have time, but this blog will not have a theme, it will be about me, and what I like, and what I dream about, and struggle with ( I have an anxiety disorder..things could get messy!)  I am not a whiz at any particular craft, I do not live my life as frugally as I want to, I am not terribly organized, our home school can be very unorganized at times, and even though I am a Christian, I am not always walking the walk I want to be. I can't often thinks of inspiring blog titles, and cannot always close with a thought provoking sentence.  But I do have things to share and write because I just plain want to. (Insert thought provoking sentence here!

6 comments:

  1. I know EXACTLY what you mean! Don't let it get to you, I have found that the "perfect" people often are not at all what they seem :p. I had a hard time with blogging for a few reasons that I think I've finally sorted out!

    1) I always felt I needed a "theme", but I have so MANY interests (Jill of all trades, master of none lol) and styles that trying to nail down ONE theme was like trying to nail jello to the wall LOL. Once I gave up trying to have a theme that helped!

    2) I get busy and sometimes don't post for a while. I always felt guilty about that, like I needed to blog regularly for my reader's sake. Finally figured, hey, this is MY blog, I'll post when I feel like it lol.

    3)I felt pressured to be the "perfect Christian homemaker mommy". I'm a Christian, I'm a homemaker and I'm a mommy but I do NOT "fit the mold" at least not all the time lol. I feel like I can only really focus on one interest at a time so the look and feel of my blog can vary a LOT! That can throw people for a loop so I always felt the need to "conform". Once I let go of that too things got so much easier and more pleasant!

    Just be who you are <3. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are back. I am too. For reasons I posted about a number of days ago. Will be checking in with you. And don't worry about photos...just nice to catch up (even though we have each other on Facebook LOL)

    Hugs,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see you back. :) I love reading what you like to share here or on FB. I agree, the always rosie blogs are often not the full truth, it's what one person wants you to see. I find bloggers who are kind enough to share the good and bad days are the ones that inspire me the most.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely to *meet* you. I hopped over from Connie's blog to find you. It's true...we are all works in progress. And, yes...my house gets messy and I get snowed under sometimes too. Hang in there...and just blog when you can about the things that are on your heart...you will be glad you did. :)

    Many Blessings,
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  5. I appreciate your honesty and I feel very much the same way, too. It's been a while since I was last here... probably over a year ago, so I am glad to know I didn't miss much since you had not been posting much. But going over my old posts, I saw a comment you left at one of my entries. Like you I do not write posts to impress anyone. It is mostly to keep a journal of where I am at the moment, and to share and record what God is saying to me. Looking forward to your new posts.

    Shalom,
    Lidia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Ellie! It's Cath! I had saved your blog on bloglines years ago and just noticed you're blogging again. I LOVE that you're so transparent and talk about the good, bad and ugly. I am like that on my blog, as well. Of course, mine is private so the whole world can't read it, and it's easier to be transparent that way. I admire you so much for doing so with an open blog. Glad to see you again and I look forward to seeing what's going on with your family.

    ReplyDelete