Here is Jeremy's room done. It looks quite bright, but it isn't in person. You all are welcome to come and view it if you want, as long as you help me clean!!
Breathe in..........ahhhhhh!! Okay, last night's adventure began when the guys got here to finish off this bathroom upstairs. Remember... open house is Thursday, which is tomorrow!!!! The guys get on the floor of the bathroom, on my lovely blue tiles, and the grout had cracked and two tiles were cracked also!!! Now I have to say, that many of the tiles were cracked in the box already!! They were special ordered in July, and most were broken, and were broken before we got them we think.
Well, okay, so Calvin walks along the bathroom floor, and I saw the tiles all moving!!! And you could hear cracking!!! This is where my heart was pounding out of my chest and I started seeing weird swirly shapes and bright flashings stars...... Mike was as white as a sheet...... The guys were looking at each other..."LOOK OUT!! THEY'RE GoING TO BLOW!!!!!!!" Okay, so what to we do, aaaa, I am not going to cry I am going to have faith dag nab it!!! Home Depot was still open, off we went to home depot. I prayed in the car, in strained whispers that we are having faith in You Lord, and we will get this done. God even listens to strained whispers from a ranting woman, isn't that cool?
We called the real estate agent. The first thing she said was...breathe!! I told her the whole story..... She said she could stall but only for one day. Well, new ceramic would take until Saturday and we weren't sure it would hold up to a lot of foot traffic. So we got to Home Depot and decided there is no way we are doing tile. We found a sales person...A WOMAN... as the Hallelujah chorus raises its voice......and found totally waterproof flooring that looks like bambbo and feels like it and was just click in and off we go!!
DISCLAIMER HERE>>> I have come to the conclusion that just because you work at Home Depot, it does not mean you know much about contracting and decorating and fixing things. The reason we have trouble with the floor is because we listened to a guy at Home Depot tell us to put this foam underlay on under the tile first. What? Well, foam is cushiony and moves. We had loads of adhesive on there, the grout was great....grrr. The lady at Home Dept said we should not have used to foam. FROM NOW ON I WILL GO ONLY TO WOMEN SALES PEOPLE AT HOME DEPOT!! Or the older men, I think they are quite knowledgable about most things. I think.....
Anyway, I am back... this morning, the floor still looks great and I now have a zillion things to do, and I must do them in a snow storm! Pray for us please today as we get this thing coming together!! And that someone perfect falls in love with our house!!
Oh Ellie, what a week you have had so far...I will be praying that JUST the right family falls in love with your home...afterall, God is calling you to move, so we know that we can trust Him to bring the perfect buyer....He just wants to make sure we keep the faith and trust Him...He never steers us wrong.
ReplyDeleteConnie
Ellie,
ReplyDeleteYou are doing just fine! *S* And since God has called you to this He will get you through it! He already has the right family for your house...and they won't even care about what isn't "perfect". They will consider it "charm" and it will be what draws them to it.
Praying ~
Trish
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaBugs/
Ellie,
ReplyDeleteStill praying that everything goes well with the house. God will get you through all of this ~ just relax!
Secret Sister
Whew! I'm glad everything ended well! Your bedroom and son's room looks wonderful! Good luck with your open house.
ReplyDeleteKelli
P.s Thank you for entering my giveaway!