Background

Tuesday, 22 October 2013

Life...literally!

Lots of things happening in my little corner of the world!  It has been a busy year and a half!  First, we left our church due to the false teaching which gradually crept in.  In doing so, we lost several friends.  Well, maybe not lost....but the friendships are strained and different.  It is a long story, but suffice it to say....we learned a lot, we learned a lot about who we are, and who we can never be, and morals we are not willing to compromise.  It has been hard, but rewarding as well.  We are in a new, healthy, very accountable church, and though it is very large, it is also very supportive, and welcoming and accepting. 

Our daughter got married to her darling hubby last September, in a very beautiful wedding in a little chapel on the beach in Malagash, Nova Scotia.  It was held at a Bible camp, where Robert and his family worked.  We all got free reign of the camp, and it was wonderful!  The sea glass collecting was pretty awesome too!

I have to say, it has been a hard adjustment to having my wee girl married. We have always home schooled, and it was hard to let her fly from the nest and stretch her wings.  I felt overwhelmed with what my new role in her life would be.  And you know what?  It is even better, because now we can relate as mother and daughter.....best friends.......wives......

And soon.....both of us as mothers!!



My baby is going to have a baby!!  She is due early February, and I am so excited!  Robyn told me as soon as she found out, and we kept it secret ( aside from just our family) for quite some time.  It was nice to have that family secret!  I have nicknamed the baby Peeper..my daughter's name is Robyn, and I found it fitting to name the baby Peeper as baby birds peep!!  I have felt the baby kick, and today, I took her to her doctor's appointment and I got to hear the heartbeat!  That is purely and simply the best sound there is! We are very blessed, as Robyn and Robert having been living with us, while Robert job searches and they figure out where a more permanent home is ( I hope not far from here!)

I will be a grammy at 44!  Some days, I feel so much older than that, but wow, what an incredible blessing!!  God is good indeed!!

 
My beautiful daughter and her baby bump!
 
 
 
 
 
Dingy, Mill Cove, Nova Scotia
 
 

 
Waiting to lay out the lobster traps.
 
 

 
Hall's Harbour, Nova Scotia
 
 

 
Fall colours, Annapolis Valley
 
 

 
 
 

 
Beautiful!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Ellie...it's Valerie...your new Swap Partner from The Homespun Heart! When Monica emailed me your information I was smiling from ear to ear...I think we are perfectly matched! And now, even as I peruse through some of your older blogs....I'm reading them thinking...wow, we are so very similar (except maybe that you are redhead and I'm a blonde *smile*).

    Anyway, in some ways our lives are a life-time apart! My husband and I struggled with infertility for nearly 10-years before becoming first-time parents. I delivered my first baby 2-weeks before turning 35...and I delivered our youngest (our 3rd) 1-month before turning 41!!! So yes...we both have 3 children, but mine are only 9, almost-7, and newly turned 3!!! YOU, on the other hand, get to become a GRAMMY! That's so exciting!!! Congrats to your sweet daughter!!!

    Looking forward to getting to know you better. I'll be in touch soon. XXXOOO Valerie

    ReplyDelete