Background

Saturday, 19 June 2010

Happenings in our busy household in photos!



Boy things have been busy since spring has arrived and we have been bustling to get things growing and cleaned up!  Here are some recent photos of what we have been up to!

Catching rosey maple moths!  We have lots of these around our house at night!


Coaxing the veggie gardens along..deer fencing is up, and all tucked in we have carrots, peas, turnips, radishes, beans, potatoes,  onions, corn, and sunflowers.  I am growing runner beans and tomatoes in pots on the deck where it is warmer, and we don't have a lot of slugs.  I need to update these already as the plants are a lot bigger!

New flower bed dug in front of the house.  We divided a lot of hostas, and planted them here, along with our Japanese maple, white lilac, forsythia and lilac.  Since our soil has nothing but gravel in it, we set up this screen in the background to screen out the gravel and work on another flower bed.


We took a drive into downtown Halifax and walked the boardwalk.  This is Purdy Tower 2.  It is a really nice building!


Along the boardwalk they have these dolphins set up.  Each one is painted differently.


 We've been trying to fit in lots of hikes.  This is Duncan's Cove, a 15 minute drive from our house.  We like to come here to watch seals, but there were none this day.

Some parts of this trail made this momma a bit nervous!



Ship watchin'.




Storm chasin'.



Watching for the catch.



Letting The Dad take our picture on a Sunday walk.


Learning how to run the wood chipper and making so much mulch it is going to come out of my ears!


The following photos are from a day trip Mike and I had to Lunenburg in April. What an amazing place..and it is only an hour away!  I don't know why we didn't go before!




This is the barque Picton Castle, which is based in Lunenburg

 

And that in a nutshell, is what we have been doing..aside from school bookwork!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ellie:

    I finally found you again. I now "follow" you, so I won't lose you again.:-)

    Looks like you are very busy right now. We too here on the west coast are trying to get our garden growing...too much rain.ARG!!

    Have a great week.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Ellie...

    rosey maple moths? wow..its so beautiful..never seen 1 in my life..ur blog is amazing..love it..

    ReplyDelete