Background

Thursday, 11 March 2010

A couple of new finds, and one a dream come true!

A couple of weeks ago, a friend of mine from church, who also happenes to be employed by my husband, informed me that her sister had an item for sale, and wondered if I might be interested in it.  I nearly fell off my chair when my dh called and told me what it was!!  At first, I thought we would have no room for it, so I was a bit bummed out.  But she was asking $50.00 for it, and I really couldn't afford to turn it down.  I have dreamed of owning one of these since I saw one through a window of a home I was delivering flowers to when I was in my early 20's.  And now I am so blessed to have one!!  A little tweaking and moving things around and presto...I am the proud owner of......

A spinning wheel!!!  I am so thrilled to have this, and so glad I could fit it in my house! 


10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful spinning wheel...and a perfect place to display it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!! Have you tried it yet? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, haven't tried it yet, tehre are some parts missing, but hope it is functional at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry Ellie but could you delete the two "Family"...something is wrong with my blog and I need to fix it.

    Thanks,

    Connie
    P.S. I will put it under anonymous until I get this fixed...sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ellie...me again. Thanks for deleting my comments...I think I figured out what was wrong with my blogspot account...so am trying this again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello!!! It's been a while since we've had a chance to catch up! I hope all is well where you are. I've got something for you on my blog, btw! http://lifeonmanitoulin.blogspot.com/2010/05/awww.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ellie:

    So glad you found me...thanks for commenting...look forward to keeping in touch. I lost all my links when homestead switched. I forgot to back them up...anyway, glad to have you back.

    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH WOW! How cool is that?!! You were on my heart, so I decided to come by for a visit! I'm missin' ya! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

    ReplyDelete