FOR TODAY
Outside my window...a grey Maritime day. A storm is blowing in, with high winds and rain expected later today. I better go get the dog out for her walk and pick up the mail before that starts!
I am thinking... about all the things on my to do list, and trying not to be overwhelmed.
I am thankful...for the weekend with my grandson and my daughter and son in law over to visit. Did you know it is much easier to look after a baby when they can only sit and look up at you and smile? My gosh this baby is BUSY!
Here is how we had to corral him in so he didn't reach the stairs! Time to get a gate!
In the kitchen... my son and I just did a science experiment using an orange to represent the cell wall in plant cells. I used the peels to simmer on the stove with cinnamon and allspice, it smells so good! I am making snickerdoodles this afternoon, and as for supper, that is still up in the air. Pizza for lunch though!
I am wearing... a comfy grey long sleeved shirt, denim mini skirt over black leggings, lumber jack socks, and the most comfy slippers ever. They are just over my ankle and made from recycled sweaters with a leather sole. I bought them from a local crafter. Warm and snuggly!
I am creating... rag dolls!! Three are going to a new home shortly, and another one for a dear friend is about to be started. I am also making Christmas ornaments.
I am going... to take a walk to the community mail box, as long as the rain holds off.
I am wondering... how on earth Ancient Romans listened to the music they did! I suppose it sounded amazing back then, but wow, it sounds like wailing and screaming and sirens going off, as well as a wind storm, screeching tires, chickens, sheep and someone running their fingers down a chalkboard, all at the same time! ( Devin and I are doing a unit on Ancient Rome).
I am reading... "Packaging Your Crafts" by Viola E. Sutanto, you can have a peek HERE.
I am hoping... to be more organized and not get caught up in the swells and riptides of what Christmas ISN'T.
I am looking forward to... working on some crafts with my youngest after lunch and doing some baking.
I am learning... to wait and not jump ahead of God, so I don't have to go scrambling back all the time. I think of it like this...a toddler running ahead of his or her mother, while the mother says, "No running sweetie". Because the momma knows that the child is not quite sturdy on his or her feet. Inevitably, the toddler falls, and goes running in a flurry of tears and sore hands to momma, where he or she is comforted and set to rights again. It is not too far off the mark for us as Christians. Listen first, and then walk forward, but at the same time, not letting go of God's hand.
Around the house... Laundry, crafts and some baking, then digging out Christmas things and figuring out what to do with it all. I am trying to simplify what goes out, I am totally in love with primitive and that is the theme in our house, but there is primitive and then there is too much!
I am pondering... how I can be involved in a ministry at church, a ministry to the homeless.
A favorite quote for today... "Your job is not to judge. Your job is not to figure out
if someone deserves something. Your job is to lift the fallen, to restore the broken, and to heal the hurting" On my Pinterest feed yesterday.
One of my favorite things... the smell of sweet grass, and ocean air, I went down to the seaside this morning, and the fragrance of sweet grass wafted in on the breeze, it was wonderful! Dried sweet grass braids are also amazing, they remind me of camping trips to Manitoulin Island when our kids were little.
A few plans for the rest of the week: Some soap making, Christmas cards to start and gifts to ship off to Ontario, haircut tomorrow, cutting greens from the woods for outdoor planters, tiding this house and my craft room. Of course.....there's also LAUNDRY!
A peek into my day... School with Devin this morning, he had finished his most important subjects, and was playing checkers against the computer. He decided he needed to wear the tea towel on his head!
Please join me, and check out the other bloggers participating in the Simple Woman's Daybook HERE. To read the guidelines, please see THIS PAGE





Your rag dolls are adorable....Have a Happy Thanksgiving week
ReplyDeleteI would so love to live by the ocean! Maybe one day when hubby retires. Until then I will be content with the ocean of grass (we live on the prairies ;) Loved your quote - very thought provoking! Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteLove your quote!! Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteI greatly enjoyed reading your daybook. Your rag dolls are absolutely adorable! Your quote is something I've been trying to live and I would love to live by the ocean. The photo of Devin warms my heart. That is some of the fun of homeschooling. Have a great and simple week.
ReplyDeleteHello fellow Maritimer! :) Love the Simple Daybook format - I think I will give it a try. Often it's hard to think of posts that are more than just pictures (which is what I seem to be doing lately). I really enjoyed the snapshot into your life. Take care.
ReplyDeleteHi right back! Yes, I know what you mean, it is easy to put photos up, but sometimes hard to figure out just what to write! I am going to pop over to yours to check it out right now! And I think you should take part in the daybook too, that would be great!
Delete