Yikes!! Today was Devin's weekly swimming lesson, and of all the storm tossed days to have to go out, this was a doozy!! We are getting quite the storm, winds gusting to almost 100km an hour, and heavy rain. We had to go across the MacDonald bridge, which is a rather large, rather old, suspension bridge over Halifax Harbour. I don't enjoy driving over it on even the nicest of days. But when we got to the half way point across, my head started to feel really weird. I felt like I was going to pass out!! I asked Jer how he was feeling, and he said,"Sick". Devin was having a lovely time in the back seat. It was then that I realized the bridge was moving. Like...a lot!!! What a weird feeling! Luckily we got off before I had a panic attack.
On the way home, I was I was going to drive around the long way to avoid the bridge altogether. But then nope, I decided to put on my big girl panties and go back over that brdge. So, off we went. We got stuck in a long line of cars. And when we got almost to the middle, I then noticed we were moving up and down as well as swaying side to side. Not quite as bad as Galloping Gertie, the ill fated suspension bridge that collapsed in the 1940's in Tacoma, Washington...but trust me, that did cross my mind!!
No comments:
Post a Comment