Background

Monday, 23 February 2015

Simple Woman's Daybook

 
Thoughts for Today
 
Outside my window... It is overcast and icy, and we are awaiting another storm on Wednesday.  There was a flock of blue jays at the feeder this morning, we haven't seen any since October.  I sprinkled corn outside this morning for the crows, ravens and deer, and am hoping a deer will peek out during daylight.
 
 
Snow storm, this one was not forecast!
 

 
Giant icicle!  This was at a local grocery store.   The water froze in the roof and it is going to be quite a mess once things start to thaw out.
 

I am thinking... I just saw a photo of Melanie Griffiths at the Oscars with her daughter.  I am thinking that there are some people who need to know when enough is enough when it comes to plastic surgery.  I think the surgeons that continue to perform these surgeries should get their own eyes checked.  Seriously, there needs to be a line a surgeon will not cross, there is such a thing as too much.  If your face doesn't move when you smile, you have crossed that line! 

I am thankful... For friendship, in real life and in blogging land!

In the kitchen... I am about to bake blueberry muffins with Devin, who wants to learn to cook.  As for what I am making for supper, it is a surprise....even to me!

I am wearing... Black wide leg jeans, and a grey long sleeve shirt.

I am creating... I am about to make some burlap pillows out of old feed sacks, I have been trying to do this for a couple of weeks! I also just finished knitting some dish cloths.

I am going... Crazy.  Snowbound, ice bound....I can't go for a walk without worrying about slipping and falling, and driving into Halifax is scary, the roads are bad, with the snow covering entire lanes of 4 lane roads. You can't see over the snow banks when you pull out of intersections or driveways, and people are getting very touchy and grumpy.
 
 

I am wondering... When is the best time to be exercising?  So far I have been exercising in the afternoon, which I like a lot, but if we are out, I skip it ( and I really am enjoying the exercise).  I am just trying to figure out what works and fits the best.

I am reading... "Walking the Walk: Getting Fit With Faith",  by Leslie Sansone.  It has a two mile walking DVD with it which is good.  This is an older book, and I prefer her newer walking DVD's, but it is still really good, and especially good for beginners.

I am hoping... That my dental appointment (cleaning and check up) this week is uneventful.  I am dental phobic and I can handle a cleaning, but have to take my anxiety meds for anything more than that. 

I am looking forward to...  Daylight Savings Time starts March 8th!  I am so looking forward to extra hours of daylight, even if they may be cloudy and gloomy.  Longer days = a happier, less grumpy me!
 
 
Ahhh, spring!!!  Leaves, grass, flowers......
 
 

 
A view of the Northwest Arm from the Dingle Tower.  Look at all that blue sky and blue water!!!  Sigh....
 

I am learning... That I need to stop nagging so much. 

Around the house...  My husband painted me a shelf yesterday, to put in our TV cabinet.  He spray painted it black.  In my laundry room.  The overspray is all over my floor.  And more than likely on my clean laundry!  But I am very grateful for the shelf!  I am hoping I can get this cleaned off with my stem mop.  I am also working on decluttering.

I am pondering...I am pondering what I am pondering.  I am not sure what I am pondering today!

A favorite quote for today... "You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you.  All you can do is change how you react to it"

One of my favorite things... Downton Abbey.  Oh how I love it, mostly because I like the history behind it and that time period.  Next week is the season finale, darn it!   I won't say anymore as I don't want to ruin it, but it is going to be a cliff hanger ending!
 
 

A few plans for the rest of the week... Hmm, a doctor appointment tomorrow, dentist on Wednesday ( ughhhh), Devin and I are hoping to meet up with a new friend we met on our local home school group Facebook page, and grocery shopping with my daughter.  I hope to sneak some Grammie snuggles in there with my grandson!
 
 
Yes, the cleanup was fun!!  We babysat Nathan on Saturday and my goodness, he is a busy guy!
 

A peek into my day...
 
 
Welcome to Canada.... playing hockey in the driveway...this time with skates!
 
Please stop by Peggy's blog to peek into more Daybooks!
 

 

14 comments:

  1. Snow/ice storms...ugh! Finally had a weekend here with no snow, it was so nice being able to go out with friends on Friday and then enjoy time out with the hubby on Sat/Sun! I so hate the dentist, cleanings and all!

    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you got out with your friends and your hubby on the weekend! I survived the dentist, only to find that she has started her own practice, so now I have to figure out what to do. I finally started to trust someone, dag nab it! Have a great week!

      Delete
  2. I hope you have a good remainder of the week, Ellie. Do take care, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, you too...you have some nasty weather down your way!

      Delete
  3. More storms coming your way...ugh!!!! Sorry you are feeling house bound...I would be too. Love the photo of Devin and Nathan...don't you just love it when food is everywhere on those high chair trays?? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi pal o mine!! Oh my gosh...I loathe cleaning these chairs, especially when it is all ground into the straps, the seat.... ugh!! Good job the mess maker is so darn cute!

      Delete
  4. Seems like so many are snow bound and homebound; feel for you all!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it seems to be even in places that don't usually get snow! It sure has been a long, hard winter!

      Delete
  5. Oh there is so much about your daybook entry that I love! I can't believe I was whining about our snow and cold. Egads! I agree with you about Melanie Griffith. And that snotty daughter of hers was something else too. Glad to see it not only my g-daughter that gets so huffy! I hope you get the over-spray off everything. Grrr! I loved the quote. Have a super week my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh she was something else, I just sort of sat here not really believing what I was watching! Snow is snow, and it is hard to deal with when you aren't used to it. We have been pretty spoiled in recent years with snow that comes and melts two days later. I need to try and remember to post a photo of my newly painted laundry room floor, oh my goodness, I can't believe it!! I hope you have a great week as well!

      Delete
  6. Hi Ellie! I watched the entire season 5 of Downton Abbey while in hospital! Loved the finale!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am with you on the plastic surgery thing! Enough is enough... yikes!
    I have never watched Downton Abbey! I may have to look into it online... I've heard a lot of good things about it! I never have much time to watch (we don't like to watch adult shows around the girls)... but it would be nice to have an option. Mostly I just DVR cheesy Hallmark movies.. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So my daughter and I have decided to jump on the Downton Abby bandwagon! haha! We just got the first season out the library last night. I know a lot of ladies at our church just LOVE it!! =)

    Have a fantastic week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending California sunshine to you. I hope you thaw out soon and come through it safe. I loved the pictures. It really helps me connect with you. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete