Background

Friday, 20 February 2015

Friday Letters

 
 
Join Paula here to read more letters and to share your own!
 
Here we go....
 
 
Dear Ice storms and flash freezing, Last week I wrote a letter to the snow. I would be delighted if you, too, would go to Antarctica.  They like you there. We don't like you here and we are getting tired of the mountains of ice on the roads, and the snow banks we can't see over because they are encased in ice.  Perhaps you could come back for a quick visit in July when it is so hot I wish I was surrounded in icy wintery weather for an hour or two?
 
Dear Snow Plow drivers, THANK YOU so much for what you do, for going out in crazy weather, and most importantly, putting up with all those people griping and whining at you for not performing a miracle and making every smidgen of snow disappear.  Sorry for the run on sentence, but you don't have time to be doing lots of reading, get back to your plowing!  And thank you!
 
Dear Ellen, you are only one person.  You cannot shovel all the snow and chip off the ice by yourself.  You may not shovel out the interceptor.  You are too sore and you are not allowed to do it.  Get your kids to do it!!
 
Dear Eagles, it is so nice to watch you soaring around here, and watch your young ones getting around on their own.  You are majestic and beautiful!
 
Thanks to Paula for hosting this!! 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. I would love to see the eagles soaring! Happy to have you do Friday Letters with me every week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow would I love to see those eagles too! And my friend would love to see them - she adores them! Makes a trip to Iowa almost every year to try and do just that...

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow in July. Be careful what you wish for, lol....

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool with the eagles!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE EAGLES. We have so many around here because of all the chicken barns. Had one land right in front of our house a couple of weeks ago. Gorgeous. Just hope they don't get our chickens.

    ReplyDelete