This week the anxiety has gotten worse. Today I thought I had cracked it, and it was going. But tonight, there it was again. I have not slept well because of it, nor have I been able to eat properly. There is a lot on the go, and my head wants to control all of it. That control doesn't belong to me, it belongs to God. I have been trying some new essential oil blends. And you know, when I exercise, it helps SO much. I have been busy this week outside, and not getting that aerobic exercise I need.
So let me share a few things going on here this week. First of all, as I type this, there is a brush fire burning on the other side of Dartmouth. 100 families have been evacuated, and the wind is strong, and it is pretty much tinder dry. We had a brush fire awfully close to here a few years ago. We drove through part of it and it was really scary. I think I blogged about it, I will see if I can link to the post.
On Tuesday, we went to pick up the chicklets! Oh my goodness, we walked into the door of the feed store, and there were big plastic trays of cheeping little baby chickens, all hatched just a few hours before!!
Cute fluffiness!
She is not in the mood to talk!
Gathering around the water cooler!
Sleepy chicklet!
We brought 6 of them home, these ones are meat chickens, and so sweet, I am not sure how I can bring myself to eat one, that is why we are not naming them. We are getting laying hens at some point, so those will become more like pets I hope! They have already grown so much in 2 days, and eat like crazy!
In outdoor news, we have planted some of our veggies, we planted potatoes, carrots, onions, sweet peas and have the peas left to plant, until the risk of heavy frost is past. I use raised beds, so I think that keeps the warmth in better.
We also started fixing the interceptor around the septic this week. It is a good, dry, sunny week but these trenches are still full of water and it is a huge mud bog. Our neighbour is digging it up with his tractor, and we have several loads of gravel coming. We need to get this done asap, so we can get the coop built.
Talking about what they are doing ( my dh is on the left).
Sloppy, muddy, mucky mess......
We have a pudding farm!
Today. These trenches are actually full of water. Still.
Wow..now I am starting to feel anxious again about getting this done and what we will do with the mess left over. I am not anxious about just this stuff, lots on my mind that just rattles around and around in my brain and never seems to leave.
Breathe!!! I can do this!!
Mixie has the right idea!









I am so sorry that you are going through all the anxiety. I love your chickens. I don't know if I could eat them if I raised them. Maybe I could. But I could eat the eggs. Just saying. I am jealous that you are doing so good with your gardening. I'm just lacking the energy and the desire
ReplyDeleteThose chicks grow super fast! We have them in a large metal bin from TSC first, and had to make a temporary pen in the garage. We are almost done the outside coop. But I couldn't ever eat ours, I'm attached, just for eggs. ;-) Hope your anxiety gets better soon. Maybe try some relaxing music, I particularly enjoy harp music to help me relax and unwind. Thinking of you! Have a wonderful weekend!
ReplyDeleteBlessings
Jill
Chicks are cute, and it's tough to eat them later! Same with the lambs. I feel so guilty! Love that you're gardening already! I hope your anxiety leaves town soon! xo
ReplyDeleteyour little chicklets are so very cute! :)
ReplyDeleteHope maybe you are feeling better! Sending up a prayer for you right now. <3 Hugs.