Background

Wednesday, 14 January 2015

Snowfall and snowy branches, lesson learned on the trail.

 
 
Today has been a long day.  We were up at 5:30 AM to drive Jeremy, our middle child, who just turned 20, to the airport.  He has gone back to Ontario for 2 weeks and is visiting family and going to Monster Jam, a monster truck show.  I am missing him A LOT.  I prefer to have all my chicks close by, and IN the nest if possible. As I write this, I have the light turned in his bedroom so it doesn't seem so dark and empty.  Devin and I accomplished a bit of school today, but we were both feeling tired and deflated.  Missing a big part of us really.
 
I decided to go out for a walk along the trail we made on our property, the first loop around I had the dog with me.  She was very interested in the rabbit tracks we found.  On the way back, I thought I should have taken my camera, it was so pretty and peaceful,  so once we got back home, I left the dog inside and grabbed the camera and did the walk more slowly and deliberately.
 
 
 

 
This is our first accumulation of snow this winter!

 
 

 
 

 
A little hit of colour with the property marker!
 
 

 
 

 
 
"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest"
-Matthew 11:28 ( New King James Version)
 

 
As I walked further along the trail, the snow seemed to get heavier on the branches of the fir trees.  As soon as I brushed against a branch, I was covered in a cascade of snow, as the snow fell off the branch and the branch sprung back into its rightful place again.
 
The more I walked, the more I observed, and the above Bible verse popped into my head.  The branches were heavy laden and burdened with snow, yet just a touch as I walked past released the weight of snow, and the branch popped back again, it didn't snap or break.
 
God wants to release the burdens, worries and fears that weigh us down, and all we have to do is come to Him.  His touch is gentle and He will give us rest so that we can be who He has called us to be.  Rest is not just sleep.  It is peace of mind or spirit.  It is tranquility, relief or freedom, especially from anything that wearies, troubles, or disturbs. Sort of like the branches that were covered and laden with snow, with just a brush of a hand they were released and back in their rightful place again.  God will do the same for us if we allow Him to, and if we go to Him first.  It is so easy to want to look around for instant answers to everything, when really, the answer is right in front of us.  Giving it all to God, going to Him and letting Him take the burdens, resting in His care and love.
 
I just wish I was not as stubborn as I am, I tend to bend under the weight of burdens, until I feel I am going to snap. I need rest from the constant barrage of thoughts that rush through my mind. 
 
Just a visual little note from God to me today.  If I wasn't so sleepy I could write more!
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments: