I am trying a little something new. On Friday's I will be posting Dear Friday Letters, I think it is such a great idea. If you would like to take part too, please visit Paula's blog at http://smidgensbitsandsnippets.blogspot.ca/ and you can write letters, or check on what others have written. Here goes!
Dear Jeremy, (He is my oldest son, visiting my family in Ontario right now), I am so sorry you have come down with this cold and are not feeling well. I cannot wait until you come home on Monday, I miss you so much!! Try and rest and have fun though!
Dear Oil Man, I really hope you can fix our furnace so we stop going through oil like it is water, it is getting too expensive. And I hope you can fix it without charging us an arm and a leg!! On that note, thank you oil prices, for dropping so low right now!
Dear Anxiety, Please go away. I know you are going to hang around and clobber me every so often but lately your visits have become more frequent and I am sorry, but you are not moving in on a permanent basis. Even though the doctor told me yesterday I need to learn to cope with you because you will never totally leave, and that upset me, I am still determined that God has my back and will give me strength. Oh yes it is a challenge to fight through my chest pounding, headaches, stomach aches and frequent trips to the bathroom, shaking, and disassociation from my surroundings, the gifts you so thoughtfully give me. And the many other issues that hang around with you. But I intend to keep moving forward. Even if they are baby steps.
Dear Nor'Easter.....Please go away and don't come in our direction!!!

Happy you participated! I don't heat by oil but I am so afraid of seeing my gas bill this month! Yikes!!! Yes, God does have your back! I will pray for you that anxiety gives you a bit of space. And that the Nor'Easter misses you entirely. Have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Paula! The anxiety won last night again, but I am getting too tired to put up with it! We used to heat with gas in Ontario and found it much cheaper, but we are stuck with oil for now. To change it to propane would be $11,000.00!! So far this storm is a big windy rain storm, to hit us overnight. Bah!!
DeleteMy parents have always heated with oil. And it can get pricey! My electric bill went up 65.00 this month! We have an all electric house. You should have seen me last year when the power went out for 3 days! I was trying to heat coffee water over a candle - LOL! As far as anxiety. Oh do I suffer from this too.... not fun!
ReplyDeleteLinda in VA
Electricity is expensive here, a friend has her house heated by wood and electric, the electric only comes on during the day when the rates are lowest! I wear a big sweater to her house! That would have been a very long wait for that coffee, lol! Anxiety is not fun at all. I always feel like their is an elephant sitting on my shoulders, heavy and hard to deal with!
DeleteAfter almost two hours - the water was lukewarm - LOL! I always start to have the anxiety attacks when I go to bed. Then I feel like I cannot breathe!
DeleteLinda in VA
I'm right there with you on the letters to the Oil Man and the Nor'easter! Hopefully they listen to your requests, especially since you asked so nicely!
ReplyDeleteOh if only it was as easy as walking outside, and pointing to the heavens and saying "Sunny and 70 degrees, please!" . Of course, if THAT worked it would be nice to see the oil man come and say to him "Please don't charge me this time" and receive no bill!
DeleteHope the anxiety calms down. I get it too, but I brush it off since I don't want it to take over. Power on for the positive for you.
ReplyDeleteI usually can brush it off, but it occasionally gets overly optimistic and tried to take me over, and sometimes I am too tired of fighting it to kick it to the curb. Thanks so much!!
DeleteThis sounds like a fun thing to do--I might give it a whirl! I pray the anxiety goes away soon!! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteHi Karen! You should try it, I think it is fun! Thanks for praying, I appreciate it! Hugs back!
DeleteHello Ellie,
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading your letters. Praying for you, my friend. xo
Thanks Dianna! I just replied to your email! xo
Delete