Background

Tuesday, 19 April 2011

Nest swap


I was supposed to do this yesterday...but by the time I got a chance to do it, my son sat down here to watch the Penguins play in the playoffs, so that was the end of that!

Many thanks to Carrie and Monica for hosting yet another wonderful swap!  The theme was "Nest" and my partner was Kim, she lives in Texas.  She is an amazing and inspiring and incredibly amazing woman, and  I am so glad to have made a new friend!  I totally forgot to get photos of what I sent her, which is likely okay, since she has not opened her box yet, so you will have to pop on by her blog to find out.

The box arrived on a dismal, dreary day when I needed some cheering up, I was so happy to see my mailman at the door!!  Please ignore my mess...I am getting ready for a church yard sale!


Look at all this, she spoiled me rotten!! I couldn't fit everything into teh picture!  So here we have:

*A little rabbit that I am going to poke into my raised veggie beds
*a wonderful smelling lavender sachet,oh it just smells heavenly!  I also got some lavender body wash and lotion and a scrubby, which I must hide from my daughter.
*Oops, you can't see it from here, but a DVD of The Secret Garden which I LOVE, it is the newer version and it is one of my favourite movies, which up unitl now, I had to wait to sign out from the library.  Did I say I LOVE it??
*a box of notecards with birds on them, they are really cute!
*a ceramic crock with butterscotch candies in it, yummy!
*A teeny tiny nest candle holder, with a tiny bird candle in it, it is so cute!  It is in the middle of the photo.
* A metal sign that says "Water your spirit with faith" how true that is!
*gardening gloves which came at the perfect time, as I had a huge cut in mine from cutting down wild roses, yeeeouch!
*doilies, I really like doilies!!


And then there was this box...this is the most perfect thoughtful thing EVER.  I collect seaglass, and have literally saved huge buckets full.  I have my very favourites stashed in corners, but now they can have their own home where I can look at them and imagine what they might have been from all I want!


Inside the box, was this wonderful ceramic bird wind chime, which also has butterflies flitting around it.  One butterfly did not survive the trip, but I can fix it easily.


Here are my favourite pieces of sea glass in their new home!! I even have some sea glass marbles in there, as well as some children's tea set pieces, which are from the Halifax explosion. 


Thank you so much Kim!!!  I just love everything you sent and appreciate you so much!  Thanks again Monica and Carrie for organizing such a great swap!

6 comments:

  1. Ellie,

    So glad you joined us again. You received some beautiful gifts! Kim was my partner last time, and I felt spoiled as well. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's what I call a fun package to receive:-) I just love everything that Kim sent you and how special is that Seaglass box!! I've never seen real sea glass before so I find your collection so fascinating. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to get my post up! (Playing catch up. And yes, the name is the same as I mentioned in my e-mail to you. ;)

    LOVE the seaglass box! How very YOU and how very special! What a fun swap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what lovely gifts...you truly were spoiled. Love the sea glass also.

    {hugs}

    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my! you definitely made out like a bandit! what thoughtful gifts!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. found ya! just wanted to peek into your world! have a great mothers day!
    xo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete