Background

Friday, 1 April 2011

Back in the saddle




I don't have a lot of time at the moment to blog....but will be back at it on a more regular basis. I have lots to write about but will be pacing myself and writing what is on my heart, good or bad.  I hope mostly good! For now, here are some photos from the past few days.  Today is icky weather wise...we are having a nor' easter and I was very blessed to NOT have to drive on the suspension bridge over Halifax harbour today to take Devin to swimming lessons!  The past week has been gloriously sunny and springy!  Today it is windy, rainy, peppered with hail and YUCK!!

My oldest son wanted a paper route, so we chose one in one of the prettiest areas of the city.  It has 400 papers!  GULP!!  It is great exercise and has some really pretty homes. 

Devin is looking at the remains of an old school in the little village of Jollimore - the prettiest area in the city as far as I am concerned!


Devin loves this house, though it is quite a hill to get down.  The driveway is a little bridge and he thinks it is cool.


Do you see Devin going up the stairs there?  People like to build their homes on cliffs here!  We don't have to walk up all these stairs, we can throw it in the driveway.  But Devin enjoys the stairs! And I think it is nicer to be tidy and take it to the porch.


Whew, the poor mailman gets to do this everyday, he must have legs of steel!


See that beach?  That is where we hold church baptisms.  The water is icy cold, and there were seals swimming behind the pastor the last time we did this!  It is a private beach owned by a friend of a friend.


Devin and I waiting for our ship to come in!



And here it comes!


Jeremy is not that much taller than me!!  He cheated by standing on a big rock!



Ahhh, sunshine!



I love old sheds!  I would love to take a peek in this one!



One of my favourite things to do...find an empty crab shell......

And then crunch it under your foot, ahh, that satisfying crunch!  It is even better when they are really big!


Some blue willow sea pottery...


 We found this very old cemetery...I love hiking through old cemeteries, there is so much history.  This was a very unique one.  Most of the graves were from 1850 and earlier!  The cross looked like it was glass in laid into the stone.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely week. Love ALL the photos. I sure wouldn't want to climb all those stairs...but I bet it would be good for me LOL...my thighs would think so:-)

    Blessings for your weekend dear friend.

    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so happy to see a new post from you. I love all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE walking through old cemeteries! =) It's just so very interesting.

    Love the Blue Willow sea glass.

    Enjoyed your post very much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. After seeing the area where Devin has to deliver papers, now I want to go help him out too! lol Such beautiful surroundings and the houses are gorgeous. My favourite spot? The cemetery! lol I absolutely adore old cemeteries, the older the better. I just find them so fascinating and always wonder what these people did when they were alive and how they died. I really enjoyed all your pictures and I'm so glad to see you blogging again:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete