Background

Saturday, 30 August 2008

Haven Swap update

I interrupt this blogging break to show off what my haven swap partner sent me, and what I also sent her. Carrie and Monica recently hosted a swap, and the theme was haven, and we were to swap things that would help us to make our homes even more of a haven. I swapped with Kim in Ohio, she does not have a blog, so I will include what she sent me and what I sent her.

Here are the goodies I got...



Now I have to say that this is the first swap Kim has participated in and she did a great job!! The shoe box she sent the things in was a plastic storage box which I desperately needed at the time, as Devin's markers are filled to overflowing around here, so I was really excited! She wrote little labels on everything, which was such a neat idea and a nice touch! She sent me.....

*candles
*a wall plaque which says "As for me and my house we will serve the Lord". It is now the first thing you see when you walk in our front door
*Thomas Kincade notecards
*a picture frame for a family photo
*recipe cards
*body lotion ( raspberry and vanilla, yummy!!)
*iron on transfers to stitch something really nice when I am sitting here snowed in
*a lacey crocheted doily made by an 88 year old friend of hers
*The book "Passionate Housewives Desperate for God". Boy do I need this book!
*a list pad
*an old brooch to pin on my coat or scarf
*and my favourite thing - a potholder which belonged to her grandmother. She and I both have very treasured memories of our grandmothers, and she was so thoughtful and sent me this wonderful potholder! Here is a close up...



Thank you so much Kim for sharing so much with me and being so thoughtful!


My box to Kim looked like this:



And this is what I put inside...



I included...

*tea
*chocolate
*dip mixes
*wax tarts (they look like big cookies and they small wonderful!)
*dishcloths I knit
*a punched tin lantern
*some blocks I made which say HAVEN
*doilies
*tea lights and a holder
*a pillow which says Cherish and can be hung on a door
*notecards
*an apron
*a larger square embroidered doily

Here is a close up of the apron and doily. I found them in a vintage linen store which I have fallen in love with!



And here is a fuzzy picture of the blocks which I made...



Thanks Monica and Carrie for hosting the swap again, and thanks Kim for being such a great partner!

8 comments:

  1. Very fun to see all your goodies, Ellie. Thanks for joining us for another swap.

    I love how you decorated your shoebox--so cute! And what a great idea to make those little "haven" blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great things you gave and received....very special indeed.

    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun boxes! Thanks for swapping! :)
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwwww! What wonderful gifts to give (and to recieve)!

    Been thinkin' of ya! Hope all is well. I'll send you a proper e-mail soon!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got some fantastic stuff...and the stuff you sent in the swap looks wonderful as well!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Back again! Just checking in to see how things are going over there!

    TTYS!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heard about the storm heading into your area. Just wanted to let you know we are all praying for you. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been thinking of you a lot these past few weeks and hope all is well where you are :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete