Background

Monday, 11 August 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook

To participate in this Daybook, and to read all the amazing Daybooks written by others, please visit Simple Woman's Daybook





Monday August 11, 2008

Outside My Window...it is another grey morning so far. I can see the area we cleared near the fire pit yesterday, and it looks so much better! No more plywood, bits of leftover burned wood and garbage from the previous owners.

I am thinking...that I have a lot to get done this week.

I am thankful for... the burn permit we bought. The fire department visited us last night, as the fire got really smoky at the beginning and I suppose someone complained. As soon as the fireman saw the permit, and saw that we had the hose out and knew what we were doing, all was well. Whew!!

From the kitchen...peach pie for a pastor's visit tomorrow night. I have never made one before, so I need all the prayer I can get.

I am wearing...khaki shorts, a blue and white striped T shirt, and yellow flats. I know, a vision of beauty!! But I have cleaning to do and this is as good as it gets this morning!

I am creating...would you believe I am still working on my haven swap partner's box? I am making progress, though it is slowwwwww....

I am going...to take my boys to the dollar store today, followed by a trip to a neighbouring cove to see a bike jump park if we get time.

I am reading...Gooseberry Patch Christmas books.

I am hoping...that my son Jeremy feels like this is home, even though he misses his friends terribly. We are all struggling with this, but Jeremy is my sensitive child, and he is really hurting right now. It is hard, as I feel so powerless.

I am hearing...boys thumping upstairs, the washing machine ( I hope I don't hear it thumping!), the hum of the computer.

Around the house...getting the school room in order today, laundry ( I need to hang out the slip covers for the sofa, and I am hoping the rain holds off), cleaning like a mad woman for the pastor to stop by tomorrow night, cleaning the feathers from the living room. The sofa has down feathers in the top layer of stuffing, it make for a comfy sofa, but it soon will be flat as a pancake at this rate!

One of my favorite things...looking for starfish at the fishing villages with the boys ( yes, this includes my big boy, my darling husband!)

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:taking the van in for an inspection so we can get Nova Scotia plates and not look like tourists anymore! A visit to the Halifax Citadel, maybe back to the harbour to see more of the busker festival.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...



Well, after having a big fire to burn brush, we all started to smell a little smoky! Devin wanted to have a soak in the jet tub, but Jeremy put bubbles in it. This was the lowest amount of bubbles we had, at one point they were up the wall! Boys!!

1 comment:

  1. How did the peach pie go? It's my favorite kind of pie!

    ReplyDelete