*my birthday is February 18, this year I will be 39!!! Absolutely terrifying!!
*I am the oldest of 3 children. My sister, Christina will be 36, and my baby brother, Bill just turned 30.
*My family runs a flower shop which has been in my family for 91 years this year!
*My family background is Welsh, British and Irish. I LOVE anything to do with Wales, and have been there to see where my great grandparents were married, and where they grew up.
*I met Mike, my dh, in high school. He annoyed me to no end. I couldn't wait until he left for college so I could have some peace and quiet. Well, then I went to a friends pool party, and there was Mike, and it was like I hit a brick wall!! He had changed a bit, and man was he cute!! 18 years later, he is even cuter, and I adore him!
*Mike was 19 when we got married, I was 20. Yes, I am the older woman, by 6 months.
*Of course, most of you who read this blog know I have 3 chidlren, whom I homeschool. Devin is our youngest, and was one of a twin. He is our miracle and true blessing from God. I miscarried his twin at 9 weeks of pregnancy, and he hung in there. I had a lot of bedrest, but here he is, and I am so blessed!
So, there is a bit about my family! I didn't mention my step dad, and the fact that my birth father died when I was 12, in a car accident (there is a post on my blog somewhere about that). My step dad, Ron, is the most amazing, wonderful human being ever. We are very close. It is very hard to think about moving away that far from him, and he is not taking it well. But I know it is all going to be okay!! I just need to convince him of that! I will post about him later on, he is amazing in every way!
Now, some favourites...
I love horses. They are on my mind all the time, I think, eat and breathe horses. So does my dd, and she gets to ride!! She goes to lessons each Saturday, and I watch, secretly wishing I could take lessons too. I have ridden and can ride western, but I am not so sure about English! Here are a couple of my favourite horses from Robyn's riding school..
This is Honey, who is no longer at the barn, as her knees were getting sore. She has found a great new home where they are hoping to breed her!
And here we have Sparky. He is the weirdest horse, he is afraid of everything, but he is so cute and so sweet! He is over 30 years old, but doesn't act like it, and still loves to jump and canter around like crazy!
Okay, in addition to horses, I love moose! I love anything to do with them, they are an amazing animal. Robyn's riding school even has a horse who looks like a moose without the antlers!
I love candles, I really like soy candles, as they burn so cleanly. But I love any kind of candles. I don't like the ones that smell like cookies or chocolate, as they don't smell true to me. But anything homey, spicy or clean smelling, I love!
I love chocolate. I eat it everyday, and I would bathe in it if I could!
I like to hike and camp. I also enjoy canoeing.
I like to read, but lately have only been reading homeschooling and home staging books! I like the Mitford series.
My favourite place in the world is Manitoulin Island. I have a good friend who I met online who lives there. I would love to go to Tahiti or Italy one day!
My favourite movies are Braveheart, The Lord of The Rings, Sense and Sensibility ( who, there's an odd combination!), The Princess Diaries,Little Women and Father of the Bride.
I love The Waltons and Little House on the Prairie.
My favourite colours are cranberry red and the dark dark blue sky on a bright sunny day.
I LOVE IKEA!!!! I was there the other day, and bought a kitchen table!! I cannot state enough I LOVE IKEA!! And I don't think there is one in Nova Scotia, whaaa!!!!
I love to drink tea, I drink regular old Tetley mostly, but I have a favourite tea shoppe in a town nearby, and they have amazing teas! I like monks blend, which is a vanilla and grenadine blend with a black tea base, and I also like vanilla, and one called "Lady Hannah's fruit tea" which is totally made with dried fruit! Yummy!
I love to take baths, and can't wait until my bathroom is done! I am hoping it is this weekend. I get to test out all the soap I make, so I have a reason to spend hours soaking! On the topic of smelly things, my favourite perfumes are Perry Ellis, Liz Claiborne, and the Celine Dion that my secret sister gave me!
I like to garden, and my whole front yard is garden. I will miss it when we move, but we can always start another one! I would love a bigger veggie garden!!
One of my most favourite blogs is that of a very dear friend of mine who was my cozy swap partner. I cannot tell you what a blessing and an inspiration she is to me!! She has had some pretty whiney emails from me, but has been so helpful to me, and such a great friend, in such a short period of time. Her blog is amazing and her friendship to me is priceless!
Anyway, that is getting long enough. But those are just a few things about me!
Hi, Ellie! What a great post! I really enjoyed reading it! YAY for mentioning Manitoulin Island as your favourite place in the world! Oh, let's go to Tahiti together! LOL! I have always wanted to go there too.
ReplyDeleteI've been meaning to send you something. It's been on my desk for WEEKS!!! Will I still be able to send it to your current address? E-mail me and let me know :)
TTYL! Have a wonderful weekend! I've got to go do some baking for a church function :)
Thank you so much Ellie! Now I have a better idea of some things to get you for your birthday!
ReplyDeleteYou'll never guess what I got in the mail the other day ~ the card I sent you waaaaayyyyyy back in December!!!!! It said it was undeliverable because you had moved???? Strange huh! I am going to put it in your Valentine package. I hope to get that in the mail the first of the week, so be on the look out for it!
Oh, I am going to finish out this session as your Secret Sister even though Tamara said we didn't have too!
You're birthday package will probably be a little late because I will probably combine that with my "reveal" package. I hope that is alright!
Well, I hope you are having a blessed weekend!
~ SS
Just popping by to say that I have a little something for you on my blog :)
ReplyDeleteHope your weekend was a good one!
http://lifeonmanitoulin.blogspot.com/2008/02/odds-and-ends.html
Secret sister, well, isn't that strange???? Hmm, I haven't moved yet, but wow, what timing! I am glad you will stick by and still be my secret sister! I am doing the same for mine, I actually emailed Tamara a few times and asked for one of the sisters who wasn't receiving anything, but haven't heard back yet. I will email you once I get this place ready to list on Thursday.
ReplyDeleteChristine, you are wonderful! Thanks for being you! I will respond to your email soon too!
Ellie
xoxo