I really love fall. I am sad that summer has come and almost gone, but fall , to me, is just so beautiful. We went on a trip with Devin's preschool learning group yesterday, to an apple orchard and it was so much fun. We bought 2 bags of apples to bake into pie and apple bread ( recipe to follow when I find it!), and the weather was fabulous. It is hard to know how to dress on days like this, it was cool in the morning, but blazing hot in the afternoon. I could also do without the hornets and yellow jackets! There are several apple trees on Jeremy's paper route, and this morning, they were buzzing with hornets! So far, we have not been stung, thankfully!
We started school this morning, our first day back was quiet and peaceful. Well, until Mike came home to take Jeremy to the dentist. He got pulled over for expired stickers on his license! It was his birthday on Sunday, and we totally forgot to renew them!! Thankfully, God blessed us, and Mike got a 72 hour warning. Jeremy got to the dentist, and has to have a root canal!!! He goes back in a couple of weeks, but , God blessed us again, Jeremy the sensitive one, felt no pain, nothing at all!! That is an answer to prayer. Now, it is my turn for a root canal ( #3) and I am not as calm as Jeremy due to trauma I endured from the past. Loads of prayer needed on my part!!
Robyn has gone off to work at the restaurant where she washes dishes. She enjoys it, and the people she works for are great too, it is a very small place, and I am sure they will feel like family to Robyn before long. In some respects, I wish she was still a little girl, but I am so proud of her and she is such a beautiful person inside and out. I love having her around and miss her terribly when she is not here. Though I find it interesting how she took a job washing dishes when I have to beg and plead with her to do them here...hmm, must be the wages!!
No comments:
Post a Comment