For Today... Monday, July 27th, 2015
Outside my window... It is raining, with a slight breeze. When it isn't raining, it is drizzling. When it isn't drizzling, it is foggy. And will be....for the next 3 days!!
I hope this isn't a poisonous mushroom, as the squirrels have been enjoying it!
Those are glass fishing floats hanging from the apple tree.
It was drier to take the dogs for a walk down our trail today, under the trees.
Despite all the rain, the stream is almost dried up, but you can see how high it rose in last weeks rain.
Usually in a heavy rain, this boardwalk is under water.
Ebony is wanting me to hurry it up, she is soaked!
I hope this isn't a poisonous mushroom, as the squirrels have been enjoying it!
I am thinking... About hot flashes and night sweats and how much I HATE them. They usually drive me into a full blown panic attack. Last night I woke up at 1:00 AM, drenched in sweat, and then feeling nauseous and felling quite sick. It didn't help that I fell asleep with the hot rice bag on my back, as I pulled a muscle. Finally cooled down, talked my stomach into staying put, and got back to sleep, but it was a fitful sleep at best. I am going to look into some essential oils that will help. Oh how I love hormones! (That is dripping with sarcasm...and sweat, lol!)
This is a sign we saw in someone's driveway just around the corner from us!! We laughed and laughed!!
I am thankful... That my husband is okay after helping detain a shop lifter the other day. We went to our local grocery store, and we only needed a couple of things so I waited in the car. He took so long, and I was wondering what he was doing. I saw one police car pull up, but didn't see the second one. Then I really wondered what was going on. Mike finally came out, the assistant manager caught a couple of guys stealing, one was paying for stuff ( the cover I guess) and the thief was caught with one pound of ground beef down his shirt! He was drunk and threatening the manager, so Mike stood beside the thief ( learned some new swear words) and told him to calm down and do what he was told. Mike came out, and then the third police car showed up, and we saw the thief being put into the car. Not a young man either!! These two were already banned from this store! I'm thankful Mike was not hurt ( or anyone else) and that he was able to calm this guy down.
I am wearing... Denim capris, black T shirt, Birkenstocks...and I admit it...socks....
I am creating... Heat.... uhmm... I mean let's see...more Sharpie tiles, really big ones this time. And now that my craft room is a bit more organized, I can find some of the items I need to make for a friend, and some of them use fabric ( see favourites, below!)
I want to start some new stitcheries (this particular one I did not make).
I want to start some new stitcheries (this particular one I did not make).
I did make these girlies!
A cozy corner on a dark day.
These are projects in waiting!
I am going... To get my haircut this week sometime if my hairstylist isn't busy. She lives right around the corner from me, and she does my hair exactly the way I like it, short and saucy and short enough to spike it. Right now, my hair is driving me crazy! I don't like fussing with my hair every morning, and now I am growing wings. Drives me loopy! My Nanna used to want me to grow my hair really long so I could look like Anne of Green Gables. Well, it gets super curly and I look more like the copper coloured steel wool pads!
Photo bombed! Jeremy, in the light blue, also has red hair.
Awww, he smiles when I really want him too! He is a big softie actually!
I am wondering... When my in laws are coming. Stress. Enough said.
I am reading... MaryJane's Farm Magazine (still! lots of good stuff in this one!) and "Essential Oils for Health" by Kymberly Keniston-Pond. I like this one, but it has some weird recipes for things like "betrayal" and "guilt". That is a bit out there for me!
I am hoping...That this crazy dizzy spell I just had ( I start this on Sundays usually) is the result of doing too much work outside today and not enough sleep. I did the weed whacking today, and my arms are so shaky and weak. I was up early for church, and then we went to a car show, and we came home and I worked really hard outside, lugging, trimming, cleaning chickens, running around after dogs. I am tired, and I am sore. (Monday morning update...so far, no more dizzy spells, thankfully!)
I am learning... There are a few words I need to remove from my vocabulary. Such as, "Sure, I can do that for you" when I shouldn't be doing it. Or "Yes" when I should say "No". Or, "I can do all that weed whacking myself, then rake up an entire forest, and then clean the chicken coop with flying chickens everywhere" ( then spend hours with arms so shaky I can't hold anything!) I need to let my boys do more of the outdoor chores that are just too heavy for me ( though I think it would be much faster and done properly only by me - that is not true!)
We perched ourselves on the shore and watched a seal, and tried to stay out of range of the nude beach!
I did say yes to a beach walk with a friend, on one of our sunny days.
We perched ourselves on the shore and watched a seal, and tried to stay out of range of the nude beach!
In my garden... Are weeds, and lots of them! The snap peas are ready, and this year, I seem to be having some success with the tomatoes ( stay away, blight!) Everything seems to be growing like crazy in this rain And the new grass seed is up and growing well, we just planted it last Monday! The flowers are doing well, but I have so many that need to be divided, once this rain stops maybe I will get time to do that.
Grass is starting to grow! And I have a terrible time of keeping the dogs off it!
The perennials are starting to grow and pick up, we did have very dry weather up until last week and they were starting to look a little sad.
In my kitchen... After how I felt last night, I think things are going to be more healthy and basic for a bit! We have been eating too much fast food, and that may work out when you are young, but not when you get older! I hope to get some blueberry muffins made, I found several wild blueberry bushes when I have been doing yard work. I need to menu plan, it makes life so much easier. I am going to "try" to do that this week!
A great cookbook ( especially if you like seafood).
But also good for this yummy bake sale cookie recipe.
A peek into one of my days...
The mackerel are running, and the black stains on this wharf are from squid! Those are cool to watch and catch!
Bright buoys on a dreary day.
This wooden sail boat is named "Le Petit Canard" which means "The Little Duck". It is originally from San Francisco!
Classic car show with my boys, here is Devin and I reflected in the chrome!
Love the paint and chrome on this car!
I miss it when A&W was a drive in! That was so fun!
This was the car I voted for best in show. I love Mustangs!
One of my favorite things... Fabric! Shopping for fabric, the smell of the fabric store, laundering new fabric and hanging it on the line to dry, then ironing it later, sometimes using spray starch which smells wonderful!! It also makes your floor into an instant skating rink; whoosh, that stuff is slick!
Almost ready to iron, this fabric was a gift from a friend who makes the most incredible quilts.
From the board room...I am enjoying learning to knit on a round loom, it is easier on my hands which ache after a while of doing those small knitting motions. This is something I would like to try and make! This is from my KNITTING AND CROCHET board.
(Photo credit HERE)
Post Script... THESE are very cool drinking glasses that look like fun to make!
(photo credit HERE)
Please visit Peggy's BLOG to read more Daybook entries! Sorry if this is too wordy, etc today! I love putting in lots of photos! And I write WAY too much!
Have a wonderful week!
Have a wonderful week!



































Love all your photos! What a wonderful quote, too :) Hope you have a lovely week!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Anita! Hope your week is good!
DeleteI loved your Daybook post. You're so funny. I can sure relate with the hot flashes and then a panic attack!! I always think I'm having a heart attack!! Fun!! It rained most of June here and my vegetable garden started out good but then it continued to rain, got soggy then the deer came. Now I have a couple tomatoes and my butternut squash!!!
ReplyDeleteHi Shirley. Honestly, if I can't find some way to find this humorous I think I will pitch myself out the window, which will not really do me much good, lol! Oh the deer, they have not been to visit since they chewed the top off my hosta, so I hope they stay away! I hope your tomatoes and squash do well though! Have a great week!
DeleteOh my, I need that sign for our door - lol! I'm either burning hot or super cold - I just say my internal thermometer is broken but it's no fun. I just want to tell you how much I enjoy your pictures every week! Have a great week :)
ReplyDeleteHi! Thanks, I never can decide which pictures to post or not so on they go!! LOL!! Yes, this internal thermometer is driving me nuts! Hope your week is great too!
DeleteEllie! Your DB is so full and interesting! I could comment on every part but I would be here all day! My poor tomatoes plants were taken out by the blight! :(
ReplyDeleteI always enjoy seeing all the pictures of your area. I feel like i've been on a walk with you today. I love the color of your hair! Mine is mousy brown and boring! :)
So glad your hubby was safe after his heroic ordeal! What a great guy to step up and help out like that.
I know what you mean about the hormones! I've been on shots that threw me into menepause. Now I am getting ready to have a hysterectomy... those night sweats were the worst of it though.
Hang in there sister! We'll get through this. :)
Hi! Oh that stupid blight, it is so awful!! Grrrr!!! Believe me , growing up I would have rather had any other colour of hair BUT red, the teasing was pretty intense. Right up into my 20's when I was told to "move it along, Ginger" by an elderly man walking behind me in church! Oh my, that must have been a very sudden jump into menopause, that must have been awful! I hope your surgery goes well, I have been spying on your blog, so I will be keeping an eye on you. Praying for you!! xoxo
DeleteI always love your photos. And I would give almost anything to live where the beach is a place I could visit often. I am so jealous!! I am glad I am no longer having 'those' kinds of hot flashes. Miserable to say the least. Oh your garden sounds marvelous! Hope you have a fantastic week. Love you to the moon!!
ReplyDeleteHI!!!!!! Oh man...I can't stand the heat on a hot summer day, but add this too...yikes. I hate hot flashes!!!!!! I have already warned my boys to be on guard this week, momma is cranky, grumpy and will cry, scream, hyperventilate and turn beet red with the least provocation! You can come help me weed the garden if you like, then I will take you to the beach but a different one. There is a dead whale at ours this weekend! I hope your week is awesome, and I love you to the moon and back! xoxo
DeleteI wonder if the dizzy spells could be from needing more fluids? Maybe you were a bit dehydrated? Loved the pictures of the beach and the water :) Glad too that your hubby wasn't hurt when he was involved with detaining the shop lifters; silly them to steal so little; will certainly take a lot more than that for them to make things right again I'm sure.
ReplyDeletebetty
More rain for you...ugh! Night sweats are the pitts! I had a horrible one last night as well, woke up with a nasty migraine from it! Love the carp hop pic, I miss the A&W ones too.
ReplyDeleteI may have to give a try at the glass photo you shared; they look really cute!
As for too many pics and words... NEVER!!! Have an awesome week!
What a great reflection photo in the chrome! Very fun. The quote is funny because it't not in my yard . . . but I passed that birthday a long time ago. Tha wooden sailboat is a long way from home! I likeq the look of the infinity scarf you found. I hope it works for you and doesn't hurt your fingers.
ReplyDeleteWow, Go MIKE! He is such a good, decent guy. I wish I had the energy (and words) to blog again. Maybe I will use your format too 😊 Love you guys
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures have a good week.
ReplyDelete