Background

Friday, 13 May 2011

Day Trip

23 days of rain.  I just checked the weather...rain everyday until next Friday!!!!  ARGHHHHH!!  We have had 2 coudy but dry days...I went outside to trim the brush, and got eaten alive by black flies.  Will I ever be able to go outside again?  Soon it will be horse flies and June bugs, oh those things are gross!  But I will take them over torrents of rain!  This rain does not help anxiety and depression.

We fit in a little day trip last weekend, here are some highlights........photos courtesy of my son Jeremy....


Meet Sue, the world's most complete T-Rex skeleton.  She was on loan to the Museum of Natural history here in Halifax, and arrived from Kuwait, now she is going to Atlanta.  I think she was happy to see us, but she sure looked hungry!



Look at those tiny arms, really good for nothing but hanging your hat on!


Devin and I with the moose.  I love moose!!! 


Almost as much as I love ravens!  I know there is a nest around my house somewhere and I would love to have a raven for a pet!


This is one huge lobster dinner!


Octopus for sale at Pete's Frootique... uhh, no thanks...


Shopping with Robyn...did you see I am wearing a pair of Chuck Tayler high tops??  My girlie bought them for me for Mother's Day!  I even wear them out in public with a skirt!!  It is so much fun to embarrasss my kids!


Looking to the Navy dockyards in Halifax from Dartmouth on a gloomy day.


2 container ships approaching... sorry for the blurriness, it was quite misty and foggy!


There's the tug boat in the middle.



Jackpot!! Jeremy found a clay marble and a glass one, once used as ballast in ships.


More posts to come soon!

2 comments:

  1. See, you just say "Halifax" and I start smiling. ;D

    That octopus looks DISGUSTING -- however, I do know a little boy who would love it. (He keeps insisting he wants to try and eat octopus. GAG!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE, love your photos....what a wonderful place you live...and yes, even here on the west coast we are getting way to much rain...but at least we are not in Slave Lake AB...that is just devastating.

    ReplyDelete