We arrived and there were many eagles in the trees. We had missed the first two feedings, so we weren't really sure what to expect. We had missed the feedings the last time we went a few years ago, and didn't see much of anything.
Today was our lucky day! Along came the farmer with another meal of delectable, fresh, crunchy chicken carcasses. He drove up in a van..I hope it didn't belong to his wife, what a not so pleasant surprise THAT would be, feathers and, well, chicken parts everywhere!
We parked on a nearby sideroad and saw these eagle buddies chowing down on some chicken.
Here are just a few congregating and waiting for bits of chicken. We saw some really grumpy, hungry eagles fighting for their share. We had left to go and search out another spot, which didn't exist as per the map directions, and so we missed the best action.
Lots of other eagle lovers!
A group of eagles is a parliament of eagles, sounds pretty official and special doesn't it? I bet these eagles do more than many of the people who actually serve in our Canadian parliament...
Devin got a bit bored with just watching eagles in the trees, he was VERY excited to see them having lunch! This was in a very brief moment of sunshine that passed our way.
That poor chicken!
Eagle take out...he swooped in and whisked this chicken off into the trees, where most adult eagles prefer to eat.
Majestic!
Staring contest ( he won)
Juvenile bald eagle. They are enormous and much larger than the adults!
Here is more information on this annual event. Thanks to my daughter Robyn for letting me use some of her photos taken with her new camera!
That is AWESOME! And the picture of the eagle soaring is gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteWOW, that was fasinating. Great pics. I have never seen anything like that. Hubby and I took a lighthouse tour of Nova Scotia. I want to go back there. It is such a beautiful place.
ReplyDeleteOh how I wish I could have been there, my camera would have no doubt been working double time! lol I've never seen a bald eagle in real life, only on tv and in pictures. Your daughter really captured some excellent shots and the one of the soaring eagle is breathtaking. My 2 older brothers who live in BC see them all the time but here in northern Ontario we don't see them. Such a pity!! xoxo
ReplyDeleteThis is so wonderful! Thank you for sharing this on your blog. That must have been an amazing thing to see. I get excited when I see one, I can't imagine a whole bunch!(I've stopped in from the Eyes of Wonder list)
ReplyDelete