Background

Monday, 21 September 2015

Back from a blogging break with my daybook for Monday, September 21, 2015

 
For Today... Monday, September 21
 
I didn't expect to take such a long break, but we had so much going on here, and a visit from Mike's parents, and I really missed blogging, and it is good to start back again!


 
Hey!  Remember me?  I got new glasses in July!  They are PURPLE and WHITE and a definite change for me.  It took me a few weeks to adjust to them....but the great news is....I do not need progressives!
 


Outside my window... Bright sunshine and a cool 13 degrees Celsius. Perfect for hanging the laundry, providing I have the energy with this crummy cold virus.  I have my warm winter quilts on the line today, I think I will put them on my bed this week.
 

 
A couple of my winter quilts.
 

I am thinking... That as nice as it is to have company, especially family, visit, it is also nice to have your home and routine back to normal.  Whatever normal is!


 
Mike's mum does not like having her photo taken...this is the only one I could sneak!

 
Mike's Dad with my son in law Robert, they were damming up a river at the beach.
 

I am thankful... A few things I am thankful for, one I cannot say anything about yet, but stay tuned!  I am thankful that the visit with Mike's parents was better than I thought.  It had several tense moments, in which I really had to bite my tongue, and leave the room. I took anxiety meds the whole time to keep me from panicking.  The weather was dreadful most of the week they were here, that made things tough.  My father in law was quite sick with this cold which was also tough.  Thankfully my dh was off work, and really helped out a lot, and I got some time to myself in the chicken coop.  I am thankful to friends who prayed me through this visit, because the tense moments were really awkward and frustrating.


 
I am thankful for a visit from my very best friend!
 
 

 
This poor guy had all 4 wisdom teeth out, and has had a rough recovery, I am so thankful it is done and he is on the mend!
 
 

 
I am thankful my grandson loves to paint.  I am thankful we got all the glitter out of the bathtub....
 


I am wearing... Denim capris, a long black jersey knit long sleeved sweater, and socks with the Birkenstocks today!


I am creating... Some wintery projects and some things on the go for a friend in the U.S.

 
Oh now isn't this a revealing photo of one of the creations I made?? 
 
 

 
I bought a solid copper pot rack for $2.00 at a yard sale. My mother in law helped me set it up, and I have tweaked it since, but it is very handy!  I hope it doesn't look too cluttered though.
 


I am going... I might possibly crawl out to the library today, as I am running out of books!  Mind you I have lots here to read.  I have a doctor appointment tomorrow, which is a good thing to get this cold checked out.  I also need to organize some of the treasures my dh and I picked up while we were out antiquing the other day in the Valley. I think sleep might be a good thing to try for as well, I am not sleeping well at all.


 
I have to clean the chicken coop if I can get the energy to do so today.  Lady Violet is not happy with me here.  We have not had any eggs yet, |I really hope to get some before winter!
 


I am wondering... About what to do about a decision regarding church.  We are not sure about staying at the one we currently attend. I just feel like I don't fit, and I know my family is starting to feel the same way.  Due to scheduling we don't get to all the events, small groups etc.  I am really conflicted about this.


I am reading... PURELY PRIMITIVE DOLLS by Barb Moore.  I make rag dolls and found this book very interesting in terms of using new techniques and making my own patterns.  It is well written and the instructions are clear.  But most of the dolls are extreme prim and a bit scary to be honest!  I do like some extreme prim dolls, but there are some that are just more suited for a horror movie, in all honesty!

 

 

I am hoping... I sure hope and pray this awful cold virus I caught from my father in law goes away soon.  It has been a long time since I had a cold this bad, I feel terrible!

 
My bedside table looks like a war zone, as I deal with this cold, what a mess!!  I am limited to what I can take due to anxiety meds, and I find most stuff doesn't work anyway.  But essential oils are helping!
 
 
 
A tired Ebony cuddled up with me on the sofa to help me feel better!
 
 


I am learning... That once you start working out, it really is awful when you need to take a break or don't have time to do it.  I feel so much better when I can fit in some exercise!


 
A walk on the beach will do nicely!  This is Hirtle's Beach, about an hour and a half from here.
 

 
A great walking and running buddy!
 

 
I just love this beach, it is a great long walk!
 

 
Imagine the views from this perch atop the cliff!
 


In my garden... Things are winding down and all that is left to pick are the carrots and a couple of cucumbers.  I am not sure how the carrots are, as I didn't thin them this summer, but at least I have lots of tasty greens for the chickens.  The sunflowers are blooming and stretching their heads to the sunshine.  There are huge spiders lurking everywhere!  And the crickets are driving me crazy.  I look forward to when they quiet down again!
 


 
Happy sunflowers.
 
 
 
Glowing morning glories!

 
The last of the sweet peas.
 
 
 
Beautiful fragrant rose.

 
Acidanthera, oh they smell so nice.

 
 
Agriope spider...common black and yellow garden spider.  GROSS, but pretty!
 
 
 
In my kitchen... I need to make some cookies and muffins but I have zero gumption to do so, but we need some food in this house!  My dh and son made me chicken noodle soup last night, out of their own imagination and although I could barely taste it, it was very good!

 

In the homeschool room... We have not started back yet!  My goodness, I am not usually this late, but with Mike's parents here, and lots of day trips, we have been doing plenty of real life learning.  Devin was given a metal detector as an early Christmas gift, he has been having a blast discovering things at a few beaches we have gone to, and dug up quite a few things in our own yard.  I am holding out hope that he will find gold!

 

A favorite quote for today...
 
 
I really, REALLY need to remember this!  Instead of being afraid of everything.


A peek into one of my days...

 
Huge barn full of antiques at outrageous prices.  I bought a graniteware scoop at one other antique shop for $12.00.  The same one in here was $39.00.  I would not buy anything here, but it is interesting.
 

 
I would love to peek in this old cottage!
 

 
From the window of the barn.
 

 
Four and a half levels of interesting, weird and sometimes odd stuff, which I do not think they want to part with.
 


One of my favorite things... The Autumn season.  To me, it is the prettiest and nicest season in Nova Scotia!  Pumpkins, cozy sweaters, changing colours, wood smoke, cooler and less humid weather, and making apple pies....just a few of the things I love about Fall.

 
LOVE this antique shop, mostly primitives and such...I got some good deals in here!
 
 
 
A photo from the Valley last Fall.
 
 
 
 
 
 


From the board room... I think these are GREAT ideas for Fall decorating!  of course, I always seem to get my house decorated just two days before it is time to decorate for Christmas....
 
 
 
Photo credit HERE.
 

Post Script...  I like THIS WEBSITE, and it has some great printables, as well as amazing craft ideas, including THIS one to make stuffed pumpkins to decorate your house for fall!
 
 
I love my little grandbaby!
 
 

Whew!  Photo heavy today, since I have not posted in a while!  I hope you enjoyed your visit here today!  Please stop by THE SIMPLE WOMAN'S BLOG, to read more Daybooks!

 

 
 
 

16 comments:

  1. Hi Ellie! I enjoyed looking at your photos and reading your daybook post. I didn't know you were taking a break because I had been taking a break too. The pic of that glowing morning glory is spectacular!! You are full of mystery, too what with that little hint of an upcoming craft. But I have lots of patience and I'm sure you will show it soon enough. So sorry to hear you are sick. I hope your virus goes away quicker than what folks have been dealing with here! Yikes! I feel for the poor guy with the wisdom teeth pulled. Lots of sympathy for that! Get well soon and thanks for letting me visit your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gram! How are you? Yes, we must have taken breaks around the same time, I hope yours was good, I will be popping by your place in a few minutes! I just love morning glories, they are so pretty, they don't grow well here, in fact, these reseeded themselves from last year! It will be a little while until I can reveal the creations, as my friend will have to get them first, I am not going to let her know too much yet! My father in law was sick with this for 3 weeks...nooooo!! But thanks for the get well wishes! Hugs!

      Delete
  2. Awesome photos!! Awful being sick, seems it's that time of year that a lot of people get hit with things. Hope you' get better quickly! Wisdom teeth are so awful, hope he feels better soon.
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita! Yes, tis the season for colds and such, ugh. It is such a gorgeous day today, I wish it was gloomy and dark so I could snuggle up in bed and not feel guilty about missing the sunshine! I hope your week is awesome!

      Delete
  3. Yay, you're back!! Purple/white glasses! Sounds like right up my alley! All of your photos are again, very nice! I love the flowers, especially the glowing morning glory! We won't talk about the spider!! I am ready to go take a drive to check out the Fall scenery, maybe this weekend or next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I picked them out, I thought "Jodi will LOVE these!) LOL! We have hardly had any leaves change here yet, but the leaves are dry and crispy. Now that the nights are cooling off though, that may soon start things to turn.

      Delete
  4. Sorry about the cold! Hope you turn the corner soon and start feeling better :) It is always hard to know whether to leave a church or not; we've left several over the years; lots of prayer in decisions to do so, most of the time they were good decisions to leave. Glad you got through the visit with the in laws!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Betty! Yes, we are not sure what to do about church. It certainly isn't near the same situation of a church we left before this one, but also doesn't feel right. I have such stupid brain fog with this cold, I am going crazy. I hope it leaves soon, father in law was sick for 3 weeks with it!

      Delete
  5. Welcome Back!!! Lovely pictures today.
    I hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! I hope you guys are doing well!

      Delete
  6. Welcome back! Your new glasses look great - and yay! for no progressives :) Your winter quilts looks so cozy. I'm not quite ready to pull mine out yet. Your beach & flower photos are beautiful. We switched churches just over a year ago and it was a very difficult choice as I don't believe in being "church hoppers". It was definitely the right choice and my only regret is that I didn't listen to that still small voice telling us that it was time to move sooner. Sometimes God moves us. I will keep you in my prayers for wisdom for the right decision. I will also be praying that you kick your cold quickly and get your energy back! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Why thank you, I am very happy with the glasses now, at first I thought they were way too crazy. Sometimes crazy is good! Yes, we don't like church hopping either, but even my youngest is not really totally happy with where we are. It is a huge church, and hard to fit in. Thanks for the prayers!

      Delete
  7. I have been trying and trying to leave a comment here. Don't know if it is Blogger acting up or my computer. I really need to go get a new modem and router but just don't want to spend the money. The slowness of this dang thing is going to force me into it though. I am so happy you are back. I missed you like crazy. I am glad to hear the visit wasn't as bad as you feared. That is probably true of many of our fears, don't you think?? Anyhow....we too have been thinking about a different church. The kids have gone to this church for quite a few years. Richard and I used to attend the service on Sunday morning. But now, without him, I just don't like going. I don't feel that welcome. So I know exactly what you are talking about. Oh la la...purple and white glasses. Harley got new glasses this summer. Her's are purple and black. So classy! I love fall but I HATE the thought of winter coming. Didn't we just have winter. Why is it that my favorite seasons are so short and winter is so long. Your grandbaby is so stinkin' cute. Enjoy him now. They grow into teens so fast! I love all your pictures. I would love to dig through those antique stores with you.......Love and hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed you! I missed writing and really want to write more. I need to spend my time more wisely! I agree with you....oftentimes are fears are not where what we can imagine up in our minds! That is sad that you do not feel welcome, but I think that is often the way it goes in churches, people just treat you differently, or don't know what to say, and it is awkward and uncomfortable. That is a real shame! We feel like we do not fit in our church, it is very cliquey, which also happens a lot in churches. Way to go Harley, purple and black glasses, very nice! I love fall.....but I am not looking forward to winter. I feel like we only just found our driveway under the snow, and then we spent all spring and most of summer repairing the septic damage. I sure hope that is settled now! Oh Nathan is growing too fast for words, I think it is so bittersweet! I hate it that I have been sick all week and haven't been able to see him, I am beyond blessed to have them living so close to us! It would be so much fun to go antiquing together!!!! Sending you love and hugs back!

      Delete
  8. I had to come back and tell you that I visited the links you provided for fall. Now I am in the mood to do some fall decorating. Yippee!! Happy Fall Y'all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping to do that today, but I am too afraid to go under the stairs to get my decorations...too many spiders!

      Delete