FOR TODAY
Outside my window...As I am typing this, it is dark, rainy and cold. The wind is picking up, and I can hear the rain beating against my kitchen windows. Today it was getting very dark at 3:00 PM!
I am thinking...That I need to plan more time to blog, as I really enjoy it.
I am thankful...That I am in a cozy, warm and dry house tonight.
In the kitchen...I have very ripe bananas waiting to be made into banana bread. It was a bit of a hectic afternoon, so supper was pancakes, maple syrup and hot tea tonight.
I am wearing...Black leggings with lumber jack socks ( that is what I call them, they are work socks), a faded denim mini skirt and a grey T shirt.
I am creating...rag dolls for 3 little girls, who are sisters. One is battling leukemia and I love them and want to let them know they are special, prayed for and thought of every single day.
I am going...for a walk with a lantern through our forest, to take the dog out, as long as the rain has stopped. It is a bit spooky in the pitch black, but it is nice too, especially when the ground starts to freeze.
I am wondering...When the anxiety disorder is going to flare again.
I am reading...Lots of Christmassy magazines, and getting some great ideas.
I am hoping...to deal with anxiety in a much better way. With God first, listening to Him and being quiet before panic sets in. If that happens, it is very hard to listen to anyone.
I am looking forward to...tucking into my cozy bed tonight, under a mountain of quilts and flannel sheets. And with a heating pad tonight, as I am achy.
I am learning...to make videos for my son's YouTube channel.
Around the house...Piles of laundry waiting to be put in their proper spots; yarn and muslin and coffee stain being prepared for rag dolls; Christmas decorating to prepare; pine, balsam, winter berries and bayberry to collect for outdoor containers.
I am pondering...What to get my wonderful husband for Christmas. Hmm...
A favorite quote for today...Found on my news feed on Facebook today..and just found again on Pinterest.... "If it stops you from getting closer to God, then it needs to go". Sorry, I don't know who originally said this! But it is very true.
One of my favorite things...having my baby grandson and my daughter and son in law over. We played "Michael Jackson:The Experience" on the Wii today, I am sore!!
A few plans for the rest of the week: Homeschool with my youngest, making soap, preparing Christmas gifts to go back to family in Ontario, collecting greens for Christmas decorating.
A peek into my day... A prim corner of my home, and rag doll inspiration.
I am hoping to take part in The Simple Woman's Daybook, as time allows, you can go HERE to find out how you can participate, as well as read what others have posted today.
Thanks for reading!


The rag dolls are adorable! Have a blessed week! I am your newest follower :)
ReplyDeleteThanks! I hope your week is wonderful! I am following you also, boy I have lots of reading to do!
DeleteCute rag dolls... can't wait to see the ones you make for the girls. Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteThanks Jodi! I just need to add faces and hair now, then I can start on more!
DeleteFollowing your blog too!
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThank you Ellie for stopping by my blog today. Parkinson's disease is horrible. My husband also had dementia. Does your mom? You have a sweet blog here. I'm your newest follower. Saying prayers tonight for you and your family.
ReplyDeleteHi Paula! I just signed up to follow you as well! I like your blog very much ( and am praying for you as well). Your words have spoken volumes to me. Yes, my mom is getting deeper into dementia, it happened slowly at first, but it is starting to progress. My step dad notices it the most. There is no way he can continue taking care of her at home on his own, it is too hard for him. She has caregivers in daily for about 3 or 3 hours in the afternoon. Mostly they just sit with her, my step dad does everything else. he is up all day and often through the night with her. She has had this for close to 20 years. She was exposed to DDT and nicotine gas while growing up, my family had greenhouses, and they used this to fumigate, thinking it was ""safe". The doctors believe this is what caused the Parkinson's to develop. It is hard enough to see her shaking, she has had two knee replacements and two shoulder replacements. The first one the messed up, as she thrashed around so much in recovery, that she re broke the shoulder. It was her right arm, and she has very limited use of it now, so she can't do much. She freezes a lot and can't move and this is likely one of the most frustrating things for them to deal with. She is pretty much housebound, but now has an electric wheelchair, which gives her some mobility, yet everything else seems to be falling apart. Anyway, my goodness I have written a novel! I am very glad you wrote out all that you did, even though it must have been hard. It is helpful to me. I will likely blog about this journey, once I can find the words to say about it.
DeleteHi Ellie, wasn't it surprisingly warm today? Must make the most of these lovely last days of warmth. Love your dollies - I'm sure everyone will love them!
ReplyDelete