Here are some photos of what we did this summer...
We collected sea glass, I found this heart shaped piece!
Hurricane Arthur paid us a visit and brought some nice surf and broke a branch off our tree.
Sat amazed at the beauty of the sunsets.
Posed with some visitors to our planet.
Waited for flowers to bloom ( and tried to keep up with the watering!)
Still enjoying tottering in my garden!
Took the time to smell the beach roses ( now covered in bright orange rose hips instead of blooms)
Took several trips over to Eastern Passage.
Created things while watching my hubby and son wading at low tide to find sand dollars.
Left "notes" of encouragement on the seashore for people to find ( and prayed for each person who would come across them)
Got inked by a squid!
Found a garden gnome in the veggie patch ( he helped me, his Grammie, pick carrots)
Went on a few picnics
Celebrated my 25th wedding anniversary with the love of my life, who happens to be my very best friend.
Went to the coolest soap shop ( located in Mahone Bay) and couldn't decide what to buy!
Watched a thunder storm roll in ( rarely happens for us!)
Sent my boys out to Sambro island to walk by the oldest lighthouse in North America, South America and the Caribbean. (I chickened out, as I get seasick, and it involved a half hour boat ride).
Made some soap with my youngest for an order.
Built our own lighthouse!
Got a sunburn!
Went to an airshow and took a selfie with the CF 18 and sent it in to their Facebook page! What a great show! I tried very hard to get me in a shot with him in the air, but he was too fast, and I was too awestruck!
Watched as someone took the time to stop and sniff....or uhmm, tear up the flowers!
Celebrated our youngest turning 12 with an army cake decorated by my daughter. Chocolate orange, his favourite!
Started a project.
Had a visit from a pair of broad winged hawks.
Loved going to the beach, and enjoying the warm water ( warm for us!)
Caught a glimpse of the Queen Mary 2 leaving Halifax Harbour.
Spied a bumblebee still tucked in bed in the early morning.
Did lots of laundry!
How was your summer?

Test.
ReplyDeleteYou passed the test, lol!
DeleteSuch is hard to believe summer is coming to a close. Enjoyed the account of yours!
ReplyDeleteHi Ellie: I see that my first post never went through. That is what comes from not signing into google first on my iphone. Oh well, I'm back and thank you for letting me pass the test LOL.
ReplyDeleteYou sure had a busy and wonderful summer...wish I was there to celebrate with you...oh what fun we would have had. Oh, well, cyberspace will have to do for now.
Hugs my friend.
Connie
So good to catch up on your summer Ellie! Looks like it was filled with many wonderful and relaxing memories. I can't get over how big your grandson is already. Time is sure flying!
ReplyDelete