Feeling blue and happy at the same time today. Robyn and Robert did find a house, thank God for looking out for all the details and tense moments of negotiating, and jumping through everyone's hoops. They moved most of their stuff out today, and have finally gotten oil in their tank so they have heat. Tonight is their first night in their new home. And I look around at the empty spaces, and just feel, well, down. I am happy for them, of course, I mean, our kids are supposed to leave the nest, right? I just miss the noise and the chats. But...I do have more space back and can rearrange furniture etc...and that part I do enjoy!
We spent the weekend cleaning and readying their home, which is a mini home in a park just down the road. They went back to Robert's family on Saturday, to get their belongings and things they had stored there. I am sore, I did lots of scrubbing, polishing, lugging buckets of water and cleaners, raking the long grass, climbing ladders, and my favourite......... cleaning ovens....mine and theirs! But it is clean and they were able to come and move things in, and they can unpack tonight a bit, and I am glad we were able to help. I just have an achy momma's heart tonight. I am a big softie! But I am so glad I have my guys who I need to take care of and who fill my days with lots of joy and goofiness. And so thankful that my girlie lives so close to our home!
Oh boy…I sure can relate to how you are feeling!!! But what a blessing to have your grown-up daughter so close-by…I sure hope that those are the plans in store for my only girl…but sometimes first-borns go off and marry the boy from out of state and…well…they move. :( I never thought that I wouldn't return home when I first moved away…now it's been over 20 years. *sigh*
ReplyDeleteSo yes, I am very, very happy for you right now! Oh…and enjoy the rearranging and decorating! Just in time for Christmas!!! Hugs
Yes, I am so glad they stayed close, at least for now! Tonight I moved their room around and choked back tears, but helping at her new house is great, she is so happy! It has been just over 4 years since I was back home to visit, it just isn't as easy as I thought to drive back when I want to.
ReplyDelete