Things are rushing by at a whirlwind pace around here right now, and I am tired! First of all, Donna's memorial service is this coming Saturday. It has been a long week, and her kids are coping as well as can be expected. Her ex husband has moved in and will be living there in her home, with the kids, something which is not going over well with certain members of the family. My in laws are the executors of Donna's will, and they need to consult lawyers to work it out, as the ex wants all the money for himself. This is going to get messy.....I still can't believe she is gone.
We had a busy long wekend, as we are now in full gear for packing, as we move next week. I have lots to update about that, but not much time at the moment. We went to the cottage one last time before we move on Sunday night and into Monday, and enjoyed it, espcially since it didn't involve a panic attack this time. Well, aside from the snake I disturbed while working on a trail I am hacking out of the muck and mire. I do not like snakes. If they would just not slither and just stay still, I could learn to like them.... We also had snow yesterday moring, ugh!!
Mike was home for the weekend, and it was so nice, we haven't seen him for over 3 weeks. And he will be home again Saturday to prepare to move to our new home. Yes, we have a house to go to, and it is really nice, as far as I know!! Ihave seen loads of photos, but not actually been in the house or even on the property!! So this should be interesting!
Anyway, it is back to packing and cleaning. I will update everyone soon! it will be nice to have my camera again!!
Thanks for posting Ellie...I have been thinking and praying for you...I guess when something like this tragedy happens to families, it makes us stop and put our own lives in perspective and not sweat the small stuff...because we are all truly blessed to be alive and have families that love us and are there for us. Look forward to seeing pictures of your new home....God is so good....He never fails.
ReplyDeleteBlessings dear sister,
Connie
I have been praying that the Lord would lead you to the right house! I can't wait to see pictures of your new home! You will have to send me your new address once you get moved!
ReplyDeletePraying for your family this weekend as well!
Be blessed Ellie!
~ Kim in NS
Hi, Ellie. I've added you to my "links" section on my blog although I've had you on my favourites list for months since Connie "met" you. :-) I hope that your move and new life in Halifax is all that you hope it to be and that the Lord blesses you & your family extensively. I do hope that Donna had a will ... unfortunately, most people don't. It will be a legal battle with the ex if she didn't. Of course, who thinks they're going to die tomorrow? So sad ... still praying. Blessings to you & yours, Ellie!
ReplyDelete~ Audrey ~
So sorry to hear that the ex wants everything to himself. It really saddens me how people can think about money at times like these. I know that it is a necessity (unfortunately), but if someone dear to me died, I wouldn't be thinking of that! Very sad.
ReplyDeleteYou and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I think of you guys often.
I'm thrilled that things are all falling into place and that you have got a lovely home to move into! Can't wait to hear more about that! XOXO