Background

Thursday, 1 November 2007

When it rains...

It pours. My goodness, what a crazy couple of weeks! We are still working on our bathroom renovation. The one which was supposed to take 2 weeks, but has now taken 3 months. Our tub just got set into place, and Mike told me I could be the first person to get a bath, as I love baths!!! So I got to be the test bather. Well, all was well, the water filled up, it was nice and hot, I tried to embrace my surroundings....no door, fiberglass and vapour barrier walls, the toilet hole....while I soaked. The soaking was going really well, until I heard the sound of water going down a drain. Hmm, I hadn't let it out....dear knight in shining tin foil bid a hasty retreat downstairs... water was pouring through the ceiling in the downstairs bathroom, in the furnace room, all over the floor under my bathtub......

ARGGHHHHH!!!! It is back to taking that wretched tub up, getting it reset AGAIN and trying another time. This time I am laying hands on this tub and praying over it!!!!

Now, not only did this happen.......Mike put some towels into the washer as they were pretty icky. I was about to hop into bed, and I heard some odd sounds. Ran downstair again, and was scared water had run into the furnace. It was my washing machine, it wasn't spinning and is now on the "to do if we ever get money again" list. I am now implementing a new exercise program. It involves lugging huge baskets of laundry to the laundromat, and lugging the even heavier ones home again.

So, just to cap off my week, I went in for my root canal today. I got all nice and sleepy with my sedatives, and dh trekked me off to the dentist. I was determined this time to pray and have faith and not fear, so I aksed Jesus to sit in that chair with me and hold onto my tightly. And of course, he did, and it was not bad at all! I felt nothing, and I remember nothing! I came home and slept for 4 hours, and my mouth hurts a lot if I bite down on it, but the agony of past weeks is gone!!

I have something to post about fear, as I am battling it in a huge way right now. Sometimes, it consumes me, and I so desire to not live this way!! It is sometimes so easy to get so bogged down with the "what ifs", and the "how are we going to make ends meet", and feeling like the world as we know it is coming to an end. All of which are plans and words of the enemy, certainly not of our Daddy, who loves us so much. Don't we just have the best Father???? When I can find the article, I will post it.



Here are some pictures of our recent trip up to the cottage...

This is overlooking the lake from the dock. Doesn't it look cold and gloomy and wintery?? Trust me, it felt like that too! We had a very cold canoe ride!





Part of the reason we went up was to use a wood chipper and chip up the trees we had cut down. I am also making a trail through to the back of the property. Here I am using my favourite Gardena handsaw, taking branches off the trees. Oh, how I love this job!! It would be very bad for me to get my hands on a chainsaw, who knows what would be left standing! I am not sure how much saw dust I ate...





This is the MS Chi Cheemaun, (which means Big Canoe in Ojibway) in the Owen Sound Harbour for the winter. The nose cone opens up to allow cars to go on and off. It travels from Tobermory to Manitoulin Island. Manitoulin is the most favourite place of mine to visit!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your root canal went well. God is good....what a gorgeous photo of the lake...it seems like silence and peace...something I SO enjoy....I can imagine sitting on the dock with my Tim's coffee and listening to the silence...AAAHHH

    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so sorry about your tub and washer! Arn't reno's just so fun lol. We are having problems with our well again (sigh).

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your dental work is DONE! So sorry to hear of your money madness. It helps to just calm down and accept that it all can't be fixed around here~you don't wanna know how long we've shut down a toilet at a time until we could get to it! LOL! (Like, MONTHS or a YEAR!) (((((HUGS))))) sandi~have fun at the landrymat. UGH. I still wanna know about SOAP girlie!

    ReplyDelete