Background

Wednesday, 10 October 2007

Ramblings

Well, it is a dark, dreary and soon to be drippy day here in Ontario. It has been so unseasonably ( is that a word?) hot and humid here recently, that I am glad the cooler weather is coming. Though I will soon be complaining that spring is so far away! I do like days like this, when I can light candles, andn be thankful I am inside cozy and warm and watch the leaves skidding down the street in the wind. There are many trees that have totally changed and the leaves are a memory. Only a few crunchy brown ones cling for dear life, not willing to let go. That sounds like me, although I don't really feel that dried out!

We had Thanksgiving on the weekend. We went to my in laws on Saturday, and that was fun. We had awful storms on the drive home, but the rain is much needed. On Sunday, we went to my parents, and did the whole picture taking ordeal. It is getting harder to fit us all in, as we all grow, and get wider! On Monday, we drove up to the cottage, and we went canoeing and took a toodle around the lake in the boat. Mike and the boys went bass fishing and caught some real lunkers. I caught the biggest sunfish I have ever seen! On the way back, the sun had set just behind the trees, and the sky was that bright pink and dusky purple colour. The water was as smooth as glass. I was sitting at the bow, as I had to be the one to catch the dock. The water was just such a beautiful colour, I can't even describe it. I felt like I was hovering above it, it was an odd, almost surreal feeling. I came to in time to catch the dock! I also spent hours trimming the cedars, using my hand saw and a machete. My gosh, that is fun!! I have a whole trail cleared to the bunkie almost!!



We started a study of Africa yesterday, and for the first time in history, the kids worked togehter and didn't fight. Jer was so shocked he asked me why they were getting along so well!! LOL!! I hope it keeps up, as the bickering has just about done me in!

We are having our Thanksgiving dinner tonight. I am making a turkey, roast potatoes, carrots, stuffing, beans, gravy and pumpkin pie. We also have to vote for our premier today......boring, boring, boring. I think the Liberals will win again, but I hope not, as Dalton McGuinty is such a liar. But really, what does it matter, because they all lie and they all go back on what they say they will do... Well, I am off to start my day...

1 comment:

  1. HA HA! I love you, Ellie! and yer tellin' me a little late about Thanksgiving dinner~I wanted to come too! (All that cookin' sounds delish!) (((((HUGS))))) sandi~I'd like to know how your soapmakin' is going?

    ReplyDelete